Thread: Duplo Options in Impose

Default Duplo Options in Impose

I am using Command Workstation 5.3 and Server version 9 Rel 2. Should the Duplo impose options be available or is there an add-on or update that I need to install?

Hi Marlin,

Are you referring to the Duplo-Short Edge Feed and Duplo-Long Edge Feed options when making a Gangup imposition? Those options are only available when doing an imposition with a VDP job. You can confirm this with a multi page test job simply by checking the Define Record Length box in the VDP tab of Job Properties and entering a number of pages per record. (Defining the record length causes the Fiery to treat the job as a VDP job.) For example import a four page job and set Pages Per Record to 1. Then open the job in Impose, set the imposition style to Gangup and check your imposition options.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    Hi Marlin,

Are you referring to the Duplo-Short Edge Feed and Duplo-Long Edge Feed options when making a Gangup imposition? Those options are only available when doing an imposition with a VDP job. You can confirm this with a multi page test job simply by checking the Define Record Length box in the VDP tab of Job Properties and entering a number of pages per record. (Defining the record length causes the Fiery to treat the job as a VDP job.) For example import a four page job and set Pages Per Record to 1. Then open the job in Impose, set the imposition style to Gangup and check your imposition options.

Bob
    Hi Bob,

Does this feature only applicable for VDP job? What if I am using a normal job with 12pp to do a Gangup with Duplo Short Edge Feed, can this feature be use?

Apparently I could not see this feature over over Impose unless I go over to the Impose Template in the Workflow column.

Regards,
    Rottweiler
    Greeting from Planet Earth

Thanks and best regards,
    Consultant For P.

Existing Press and Digital System:-
    Heidelberg Press/ Mitsubishi Press/ Komori Press/ HP Indigo/Xerox iGen3/KM C6500 & C6501/ Xerox DC1256/ Canon CLC1180 & 5000

Hi Rottweiler,

That is correct. The Duplo Short Edge Feed and Duplo Long Edge Feed Gangup styles are only available when imposing a VDP job. In this case, you might have several hundred or thousand records, and the Duplo styles will arrange the records so they are printed in the required order. Other styles available for VDP are Multi-Record Collate and Cut and Stack.

If you are imposing as a Gangup with a standard job, if you are using Unique style, you have four options for managing page order.

You can find more information about Gangup Imposition and VDP Imposition in the How To guides at http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Products/CWS5.

Bob