Thread: Print the file name/job number in the trim area?

Default Print the file name/job number in the trim area?

Can I automatically print the file name/job number in the trim area of jobs (CMS 5.3.1.17a)?
    Sure I was told it was possible but can't figure it out....

I think you're looking for the Control Bar located in CWS under the Job Info tab.
    Thanks, Craig

Cheers Craig - half way there!
    The default control bar & job info encroach into the image area. Can I modify what info prints and/or it's position on the sheet?
    I'm generally running multiple up on SRA3 sheets which leaves me about a 10mm border all around to squeeze the job info into...

Andy

Folks that use this feature generally print on the next larger paper size.

Not an option for me I'm afraid...
    No worries, guess I'll have to do without. Might be a feature worth considering in the future tho'...

Andy

Default Hi Andy

You may want to use 'Impose' function which gives the option to print 'Job name with date and time and also the sheet information' on teh trim area.you also have the option to psoition this information across the page. if it serves your purpose then you may want to create a Hotfolder with Impose option to automate this function or you can create a Job preset to use it with the jobs.

I hope this helps!
    regards
    Kamal

This is useful - seems to me you can edit the position of the text plus what text is displayed by right clicking the Control Bar you wish to edit.

For those who've not found this useful feature, go here: Switch user > Administrator > Device Setup > Colour Setup > Control Bar.

EDIT: This feature would be all the more useful if it could genuinely be shifted off the job area of the sheet. The red line and fact the text box is over 10mm in size makes the feature quite intrusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollie View Post
    Cheers Craig - half way there!
    The default control bar & job info encroach into the image area. Can I modify what info prints and/or it's position on the sheet?
    I'm generally running multiple up on SRA3 sheets which leaves me about a 10mm border all around to squeeze the job info into...

Andy
    Last edited by ChrisWilsh; 01-06-2013 at 04:04 PM.