Thread: cut and stack setup

Default cut and stack setup

got a big job needs to mail merge 1000 mailouts in address order. i used to do a 2 up and it is quiet easy to setup the job and printed in the order. but we have designed a brand new maiout. it is dl size. merge field only on the front page. back page are the same. the file will be indesign file. it will be 6 up.Name:  20120817_165628.jpg
Views: 2938
Size:  87.1 KB This is the layout i want, so it will stack up in each stacks(top stack will have 1-6, middle stack 7-12 and bottom stack 13-18). the in the order when it goes through the cutting machine.

How to setup from the beginning for the new format?

Thank you.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

You won't do that using Fiery imposition, if I remember correctly.

Cut and stack drills through the stack, not across the page. If you have, for example, a 4-up piece that's 100 pieces total, Fiery's cut and stack does what it's supposed to do: piece 1 is on the top left of sheet 1, piece 2 is on the top left of sheet 2, etc down to sheet 25. Then piece 26 is on the top right of sheet 1, piece 27 is on the top right of sheet 2, and on down the stack.

You end up with a stack of 25 sheets; when it's cut, you have a stack of 1-25, then another stack of 26-50, a third stack of 51-75, and a fourth stack of 76-100. Put the stacks in proper order and there you have it, all arranged.

You end up achieving the exact same results as what you want.

But if you want it to print out exactly the way you describe, you'll need to simply make PDF out of your VI and then have a third party imposition tool do that. Maybe Quite Imposing can do it, I haven't looked. You could head to quite.com and ask in their support area.

Fiery can do it and give you what you want, as long as you're not wedded to the ink being on the uncut sheets in a specific manner that Fiery doesn't support.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    You won't do that using Fiery imposition, if I remember correctly.

Cut and stack drills through the stack, not across the page. If you have, for example, a 4-up piece that's 100 pieces total, Fiery's cut and stack does what it's supposed to do: piece 1 is on the top left of sheet 1, piece 2 is on the top left of sheet 2, etc down to sheet 25. Then piece 26 is on the top right of sheet 1, piece 27 is on the top right of sheet 2, and on down the stack.

You end up with a stack of 25 sheets; when it's cut, you have a stack of 1-25, then another stack of 26-50, a third stack of 51-75, and a fourth stack of 76-100. Put the stacks in proper order and there you have it, all arranged.

You end up achieving the exact same results as what you want.

But if you want it to print out exactly the way you describe, you'll need to simply make PDF out of your VI and then have a third party imposition tool do that. Maybe Quite Imposing can do it, I haven't looked. You could head to quite.com and ask in their support area.

Fiery can do it and give you what you want, as long as you're not wedded to the ink being on the uncut sheets in a specific manner that Fiery doesn't support.
    Thank you so much, I will have a look quite.com

Impose on Fiery and Choose "Duplo Long Edge Feed" would achieve the result.