Thread: My native documents do not get converted to PDF. What do I do?

Default My native documents do not get converted to PDF. What do I do?

Fiery JobFlow ships with a convert module that allows users to convert native documents to PDF. If the convert process fails here are some tips on what you can do to address this.

Supported file formats
    Fiery JobFlow supports conversion of the following native document types:
    • MS Office Word, Powerpoint and Excel
    • JPEG, TIFF, BMP and PNG
    • Postscript
    Native PDF documents will not be converted. Note we do not support MS Publisher and Encapsulated Postscript documents.

Additional Software Requirements
    • In order to convert MS Office type documents we expect either Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 (with “Microsoft Add-in Microsoft Save As PDF or XPS”) or Microsoft Office 2010 SP1 to be installed on the same PC as Fiery JobFlow.
    • At least one printer should be configured on the PC where Fiery JobFlow is installed.
    • The Fiery JobFlow installer automatically installs any further dependencies. In the unlikely event these dependencies are not installed one could install the Microsoft Interop libraries by downloading them from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3508

Hans

Default Excel spreadsheets do not get converted to PDF. Some useful hints and tips.

Fiery JobFlow supports converting Excel spreadsheets to PDF. For this we use MS Office as the means to convert to PDF because that gives us the most reliable conversion for MS Office documents. For this we require installation of MS Office on the workstation where Fiery JobFlow is installed. There are a few use cases where plugins and startup options for Excel will cause a conversion to fail.

If you encounter issues with converting Excel spreadsheets in Fiery JobFlow below are some tips you can try.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/articles/startupproblems.asp

Microsoft has made a tool available to fix common startup problems with Excel.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280504/en-us

Question

I am running JobFlow 2.2.3.08 to a Konica Minolta 1060 bizhub press with FS150Pro. The printer is configured on the same PC as JobFlow and MS Office 2016 (the latest, 64-bit version).

No .doc or .docx files will process through Convert. Even blank documents.

Does this only work with Office 2007 and 2010?

No. Fiery JobFlow supports Office 2016. Please contact me directly so we verify system configuration, etc.
    --
    Hans Sep, product manager Fiery JobFlow