Thread: Upgrading to 5.4 had made the impose dongle useless

Default Upgrading to 5.4 had made the impose dongle useless

I have two computers running 5.3 - my workstation computer and the GX300 connected to our Canon.
    I upgraded CW to 5.4 on my workstation - which has the green USB Impose dongle attached. The upgrade worked fine except when I imposed a job it came out with "demo" on it. I tried a restart, removed the dongle, replaced it and everything.

I thought it was a version compatibility issue so I uninstalled 5.4 and reinstalled 5.3. While I was uninstalling/reinstalling I removed the impose dongle and took it the GX300 computer to continue impose work only to find that it was in demo mode on that one as well. There were no changes made on the GX300.

So now it appears the upgrade has either hardcoded or somehow corrupted the impose dongle and it does not work. I can see the light flashes on it and the SafeNet key loads just as it should - it just doesn't work.

Default Return the dongle

It sounds like your dongle may be faulty. Please contact your dealer or whoever you purchased the system from, and request a replacement dongle.

I found another thread that led me to an update on the dongle software.