Thread: 'Wrong strip' error when calibrating in 5.4

Default 'Wrong strip' error when calibrating in 5.4

We just installed a new unit and the Eye One that came with the Fiery is newly designed, but is apparently still an Eye One. I'm not sure if the issue I'm having is related to the new densitometer design or 5.4.

When calibrating the Fiery I choose '34 sorted patches'. After measuring the first strip (cyan) the box on screen turns red and gives me a 'wrong strip' error. I have done this a million times, so I know I am scanning the correct strip.

I even tried to then scan the magenta and it gives me the checkmark that it scanned succesfully, even though it is looking for cyan. After this no matter which strip I scan I get the 'wrong strip' error. Any ideas?

borgwarrior is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor borgwarrior is on a distinguished path

CWS did this to me once, I restarted the whole server and the CWS, after that, everything worked fine!

Quote Originally Posted by borgwarrior View Post
    CWS did this to me once, I restarted the whole server and the CWS, after that, everything worked fine!
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have rebooted numerous times and I am still having the same issue.

What Fiery model/version?

What is the copier brand & model it is connected to?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    What Fiery model/version?

What is the copier brand & model it is connected to?
    1200 server on a Canon imagePRESS 6010. I believe it's version 9.

Have you attempted to isolate cause by trying Calibration from CWS5.3.x.x installed on another client?

Or, do you have access to an ES-1000 you can try?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_W View Post
    Have you attempted to isolate cause by trying Calibration from CWS5.3.x.x installed on another client?

Or, do you have access to an ES-1000 you can try?
    I have an older design Eye One that works great on 5.3. I was planning on taking it out to my customer to see whether it is a 5.4 or densitometer issue. I wanted to see if there was a known issue before I did that though. I will report back after testing.

I have seen this and it was tracked it down to the ES-1000 services that live in Program Files/Common Files/EFI. If you replace the ones that were installed with 5.4 with the original files from say 5.2 (you will have to stop the ES-1000 Service before you can replace the files) then the problem disappears.

The other thing you can do is close the calibration tool after performing a task (ie do a shading correction, then close calibrator, then open calibration and perform calibration) - the fault only seems to occur the second thing you do without closing.

Cheers
    Nick

Thanks for the info Nick. I didn't have time to download 5.3, but I did close out the calibrator after each step and it worked. When I have more time I am going to try swapping the files and see if that takes care of it. Thanks again