Thread: Xerox 550 with Fiery EX560 - problems even with SP3

Default Xerox 550 with Fiery EX560 - problems even with SP3

This fiery stops accepting print jobs. Because we've had ongoing issues the Xerox engineer came last week and did full s/w reinstall to SP3. But it all happened again today :

People are unable to print. Can't connect to fiery via browser. When you log into Fiery via Remote Desktop the status of the Fiery Bar is "Exited". Screen redraw is slow and response to clicks is slow.
    Using Windows Administrative Tools, Events Viewer, system log shows regular process failures such as "An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably. The Registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contains the system's image of the registry."
    followed by "The EFI CommonLCD service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 times. The following actions will be taken : restart service"
    Messages repeated many times in log. Eventually only way I could resolve was to restart holding in the button on front of box.

I'm aware of several other companies with similar issues with EX560. I think this should have been fixed by now.

Hi John,
    Sorry to hear about your issues. Have you check to see if the HDD is filling up? Also, I'd like to speak to your Xerox analyst. Would you be willing to send me their contact information.
    Thanks, Craig

Hi Craig,

thanks for your prompt reply.

Disks don't look to be full as far as I can see.

C: has 1.4GB free of 2GB
    D: has 33.4GB free of 40.0GB
    E: has 90.2GB free of 111GB

Also system paging file seems to have been set to 4095MB, located on drive E:

I will PM you the details of our Xerox analyst.

Best Regards,

John

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

SP3 was meant to fix the comms issues. This clearly is not the case. We have had a crash today in our showroom.

Honestly will this ever be fixed? Very frustrating when you think the device has been on the market for more than two years now...... Quite poor in my opinion.

It is because of the dual controller system. It is up to EFI to make their rip function correctly with the Color 550/560 not the other way round.

Sorry to hear you're having issues. SP4 has been available for a while. Try applying SP4 from auto or check for product updates. Thanks, Craig

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Sorry my mistake. SP4 has been installed on the rip in our showroom. i will monitor this over the next week and report back.

Cheers