Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MacOS 10.7.5 and Command Workstation 5.3.1.28

Default MacOS 10.7.5 and Command Workstation 5.3.1.28

Has always worked fine for me, this morning however, I did a restart and it simply won't start CWS. It bounces in my dock one, but never opens. Trashed it, downloaded it and reinstalled to now avail. Any ideas?

Did you try uninstalling instead of trashing? Maybe there are components left by the earlier installation which still corrupt a new installation. The uninstall comes with the download of CWS. Let me know if this works.

That sounded reasonable, Jerry, so I tried it, but unfortunately didn't work.

Default Can you try the following?

Mac Girl,

Very strange, and this just started happening? No updates, or changes to anything on the Mac side?

Here is what I suggest.

1.) Download the latest version of CWS 5.4 (released last week)
    2.) Run the Mac uninstaller included in this download (some improvements to previous version)
    3.) Install CWS 5.4 (also some improvements to previous version, see release notes for more details)
    4.) Report back.

More info on CWS 5.4 on this post as well.

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...4-is-available

Thanks,

Gary

And if you try installing it, then go to the disk utility (standard on Mac iOS) and repair your permissions? Normally when you have issues with running programs or when a program is behaving strangely the disk utility is the solution you need to a look at.

I had a very strange problem with Illustrator last week, and disk utility did the trick!

Default That worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_S View Post
    Mac Girl,

Very strange, and this just started happening? No updates, or changes to anything on the Mac side?

Here is what I suggest.

1.) Download the latest version of CWS 5.4 (released last week)
    2.) Run the Mac uninstaller included in this download (some improvements to previous version)
    3.) Install CWS 5.4 (also some improvements to previous version, see release notes for more details)
    4.) Report back.

More info on CWS 5.4 on this post as well.

http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...4-is-available

Thanks,

Gary
    Thank you very much Gary!

My pleasure. Let us know what you think of the update.

Gary

I spoke too soon. It worked as far as CWS will now open, but I can't get properties of any job, so it's still pretty much useless.

If you've made a backup using Time Machine: does the backup work? Sounds like there's a corrupt file somewhere on your Mac.

No backup. Uninstalled CWS 5.4, uninstalled all Printers and Drivers, trashed the Fiery folder the uninstaller left behind, restarted, emptied the trash, re-installed CWS 5.4, and now it starts up, but crashes before it fully starts up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast