Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can't open job Properties in CWS 5.4 on Mac 10.8.2

Default Uninstall CWS 5.4

When you uninstall, does it revert back to CWS 5.3.1.32d?

I'm not sure, but I think that uninstalling only removes the newest version of CWS (5.4).
    After installing it, try re-installing. It worked for me last week!

Question

I had this problem too. Did the uninstall before installing CWS 5.4 on Mac running 10.8.2 No image preferences accessible and calibrating doesn't work. Can do shading test, but calibration fails on strip A.

I'm printing to a Canon C1 via Q2 Server V2.0

Do i need to go back to 5.3.1 and wait for an update?
    Last edited by tamarfeast; 10-31-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Can you provide more informaiton about your setup to help us investigate these problems? If you have not provided it already, please let us know what OS you are running CWS on, what Fiery you are connected to and which, if any, Fiery print drivers you have installed on your system.

Thank you,

Bob

Default Same issue with OS 10.6.8

We have had the same issue on a couple of our machines. Followed the uninstall/reinstall, uninstall the driver, reinstall the driver and it worked on one of the systems, but not on the other. Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling twice with restarting the system and it still won't bring up the Properties window - tried all ways of opening it. Am running OS 10.6.8 which is fully updated (just checked for updates to make sure).

Any ideas to try?

Thanks.

Hi Holly,

Can you tell me which Fiery drivers you have installed on your Mac where you are still unable to open Job Properties? Which Fiery model and version are you connecting to? When you install, are you using the same user account to verify the installation process that you are logged in with when using Command WorkStation?

When you uninstalled, did you use the Fiery Software Uninstaller that came with the Release 4 package and uninstall both the Fiery Applications and all Fiery Drivers? If not, I would try this again, then reboot the Mac. Then install the Fiery Applications package again.

Let us know if this helps.

Bob

I have installed CWS 5.4.0.76 with the "XC_EX260_v2_0R_OSX_Rel1.0" download driver. We are connecting to a Xerox DocuColor 252.

I don't understand about a user account to verify the installation process? It never asks for any verification. We all log into the CWS as administrator.

When uninstalling, it wouldn't let me uninstall the CWS Macintosh Edition, however I did uninstall the main application as well as the driver, then reinstall the application and then the driver and it still didn't work. Will uninstall, reboot and try to reinstall again. Will reply with the outcome.

Thanks.
    Holly

Still no go. Uninstalled applications and driver. (Got rid of the Mac edition for whatever reason it kept thinking it was running.) Rebooted. Reinstalled application and driver. Still cannot open the job properties.

Current driver is "Fiery EX260 Color Server PS v3017.102".

Thanks,
    Holly

Hi Hollly,

Thank you for the additional information.

CWS Macintosh Edition is an older version that was replaced by CWS 5 about about three years ago. Was this installed on your Mac when it was running an earlier version of the Mac OS? Can you tell me the history of the Mac upgrades? For example, was the earlier CWS 5 version installed when it was running an earlier Mac OS version? What was the sequence of OS upgrades and CWS upgrades?

This information will help us investigate the issue.

Thank you,

Bob

Bob,

From what I can remember, I think that the Mac version was what was originally installed when we got the Xerox a couple years ago. After installing it wasn't long before we realized there was an upgrade and had been running 5. Before trying to upgrade to 5.4 we all had 5.3 on our systems. Mine is the only one still having the issue. Out of 5 systems, two never had the issue, two had it and the uninstall/reinstall driver solution worked and they are now running fine, and mine doesn't want to cooperate. The OS hasn't changed since CWS Mac edition except for an incremental or two.

Thanks,
    Holly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast