Thread: PS Syntax Error Offending Command ">"

Unhappy PS Syntax Error Offending Command ">"

I get this error from time to time when sending an InDesign CS6 file to print. I also get a FieryCups Filter error from time to time. There is no rhyme or reason for it that I can figure out, but I usually end up having to copy and paste the artwork into a new file and print from that (USUALLY works, not always). Or shut down InDesign and copier and restart and try again. I have spoken with my copier tech - he has no idea, as well as a guy AT EFI and he sent it to the tech guys there and they ran all sorts of tests and couldn't find anything wrong! Any ideas on WHY this is happening and/or what I can do when it does?

Would be good to know:
    - Fiery model and system software version it is running
    - Printer/Copier model
    - Mac OS version
    - where did you get print driver you are currently using?

Also, when an InDesign file fails in this way, what happens if you save it as a PDF, then import that PDF via Command WorkStation - does it print OK then?

Default PS Syntax Error Offending Command ">"

I am getting the same error when trying to print a particular file. I am using CWS Version 5, on a Mac mini running 10.6.8, on a konica minolta bizhub press c1085 and we are using their EngageIt software for data merge.