Thread: Reorganize presets

Default Reorganize presets

We have created a number of presets in CWS. Is there an easy way to reorganize these in a particular order. I found the preset file on the PC but I did not want to go in there and mess around with things for fear of messing it up. I assume I would have to reorder there and renumber.

Is there some easier way to do this?

While we don't have a ready method in the interface for rearranging the order of the presets, in Command WorkStation 5.4 the presets are now listed alphabetically. Hopefully that will help; let us know what other ways you would want to order your presets.

Default no help for me

Hello Mike_R,

thanks for bringing a new method to arrange the presets in 5.4. Unluckily for me it is a step back in time, because now i have to arrange my presets in a new way. In my first test i cant use my old presets. The numbers in the presets.xml are no longer the order for the presets.

Is there another way to sort the presets list?
    My wish is, that i can sort the presets my way, like the old way, by changing the presets.xml, was.

A much more important thing is the arrangement of the impose presets. On my 8R2 System i cant find a way to sort it. Its seems that the presets are sorted randomized.
    It is a huge time killer for me. But maybe i am doing it wrong.

greetings
    drfoots

Default Preset naming

As we are now sorting the presets alpha numerically, if you wanted to enforce a particular order you could do this using number prefixs before the name.

E.g.

1_PresetName
    2_PresetName
    3_PresetName

Let me know if this works for you.

G.