+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem ripping/printing large format files

Default Problem ripping/printing large format files

Hello,

I am having an issue with ripping large format files to our MGI DP 60 digital printer using EFI Fiery Command Workstation 5.3.1.32d.

My issue is that when I rip a file larger than 13x19 it only prints a portion of the image at a size of 8.5x11. I currently have no issues ripping and printing anything smaller, this only seems to happen on larger format prints. I have tried multiple files and as long as they are larger than 13x19 they all produce the same results.

From what I can tell, I am using the most up-to-date drivers and versions of the software. I am currently using InDesign CS6 to create my PDF's.

We did run one test by generating a PDF using InDesign CS5 instead of CS6 and it did not produce the same results, the file printed correctly. Unfortunately our entire art department and the majority of our customers are using CS6 so this is becoming a very big issue for us.

I am not sure if this issue is related to the Fiery rip or if it is related to CS6.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or does anyone have any suggestions that might help point us in the right direction to getting this resolved?

fvermeire is offline Fiery Certified Professional fvermeire is on a distinguished path

Hello,

Go to your Job Properties > Image > Resolution: > and set the
    resolution to 600dpi. Maybe this could help to solve your problem.

We actually just got this figured out!

Oddly enough it turned out to be a setting for "Text/Graphics Smoothing" in Command Workstation. As soon as we unchecked this option our file printed correctly (not sure why our CS5 test worked...maybe a fluke or maybe we accidentally turned this option off for that test and didn't realize it).

I appreciate your help.

+ Reply to Thread