Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Windows 7 problem running to Xerox X700 Hold Queue

Morning Craig. Please find attached PDF for the server configuration. On the printer ports the configure port is graied out and wont let me access it.
    Attached Images

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Mattfrodo,

From you screenshot I can see that you have connected to your X700 Hold as a Networked Printer, i.e you searched in Network Printers & connected to it - you wont be able to change the port settings as this would have to be done on the Fiery itself. If you close down the configure screen on your screenshot & then select the General tab on the Printer & then "Test Print" are you saying that this does not appear on CWS Hold Queue..?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Hi thistlegorm,
    When I print a test page it bypasses the hold queue. The main problem is when I print from PDF/InDesign to the hold queue it shows up in the printers & devices (see whats printing as Access Denied) & will not go any further. I am also using Windows 7 Home Premium.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

OK - What about if you install the Printer as a local printer ? configure for TCP/IP Port & lpr queue - see below & retry what do you get ..?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1659
Size:  44.3 KB
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2