Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apple IOS 6 - Fiery Direct Mobile Print

Default Apple IOS 6 - Fiery Direct Mobile Print

Attention Fiery Mobile Print Users:

As you are aware, Fiery products natively support the AirPrint function of Apple's IOS enabled mobile devices via a feature called Direct Mobile Print (DMP). We've recently become aware of an issue where DMP users upgrading to IOS 6, are no longer able to see their DMP enabled Fiery devices.

Our team has identified the issue, and a solution is in progress. In the mean time we recommend DMP Fiery users do NOT upgrade their Apple enabled IOS devices to IOS 6. Doing so will result in you losing your ability to print to DMP enabled Fiery devices.

I will update this thread when a solution is available.

Regards,

Gary Smith

Default Any update available about DMP by IOS 6?

Hello Gary,

I have a customer who is asking about if there are any updates about the status of the IOS 6 enquiry.
    I am sure we still need to be patience, but just hope you might have some news.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards

Remi Bargmann

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_S View Post
    Attention Fiery Mobile Print Users:

As you are aware, Fiery products natively support the AirPrint function of Apple's IOS enabled mobile devices via a feature called Direct Mobile Print (DMP). We've recently become aware of an issue where DMP users upgrading to IOS 6, are no longer able to see their DMP enabled Fiery devices.

Our team has identified the issue, and a solution is in progress. In the mean time we recommend DMP Fiery users do NOT upgrade their Apple enabled IOS devices to IOS 6. Doing so will result in you losing your ability to print to DMP enabled Fiery devices.

I will update this thread when a solution is available.

Regards,

Gary Smith

EFI is targeting the release of an updated DMP patch, which will support the changes in IOS 6, in a few weeks.

Depending on your Fiery, the release schedule will be around mid December. We will make an updated announcement once they are available.

Thank you for your patience.

Gary Smith

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Hi there

We have a Fiery EX560 server. Is the Direct Mobile Print option available via the system update feature? If so, has this already been added in a service pack for this rip?

Thanks

Default All patches have been provided to our partners

All,

Sorry for the delay in this update.

All of the DMP patches, which will update DMP to support IOS6, have been provided to our partners for their testing, approval and release.

Many have been tested and approved for release already, and can be received through the normal channels.

Thank you again.

Gary Smith

Hi gary
    I have just installed a ricoh e-3300 fiery which the client would like to be able to use mdp but their IOS on iphones and ipads are all at 6.1.2... I have been in touch with the uk product support team but they have yet to receive any patch to resolve this problem... Is it possible you could e-mail me the patch or direct me to a location whereby I can download it please...
    Thanks for any help you can provide..

Default any news yet

Been waiting awhile for this patch and haven't seen anything yet what is the name of the patch and when should we receive it customer is getting impatient.

What Fiery model & version do you have, and what copier brand/model is it connected to?

Have you contacted your dealer?

Default This patch is taking a bit longer than usual..

In case you were wondering I still haven't seen anything of the patch... As said before I've escalated but still not heard anything back... FYI I have a Ricoh MP C3002 with an E-3300 fiery... I just hope Apple hold off with IOS 7 for a while...

I see that Ricoh approved IOS6 patch a few weeks ago. Please press Ricoh dealer or Ricoh support to obtain it.

It's patch ID is 1-1HFSXD (it installs on the Fiery as 1-1HFSX2 however)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast