Thread: Connecting to update server

Default Connecting to update server

Trying to get automatic updates to work. So far not able to. Attempting manual updates, when I try to connect to update server with webtools I get:
    Server Error in '/updatex' Application. Runtime Error.

Here are my config details if needed:
    Product: DocuColor 242-252-260 PS v3017.102
    Version: 2.0
    Software: 8e Release 2
    System Updates
    FIERY UPDATES
    PRODID
    1-U8E58
    1-Z4E66

CWS: 5.3.1.32d

I do not use a proxy. I went into windows firewall and set CWS to be allowed in/outbound connection and set port 80 and 443 TCP outbound rule.
    Thank you
    Last edited by mprints; 09-25-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Default Try automatic updates

So you are using 'Check for Product Updates' in Webtools? If so, could you copy the URL it generates for you, and paste it into a message here?

Alternatively you can set that Fiery to update itself automatically - in Configure enable System Updates. It's under Webtools > configure tab > configure. It's set to 3am by default. It uses port 443.

Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by Greta_C View Post
    So you are using 'Check for Product Updates' in Webtools? If so, could you copy the URL it generates for you, and paste it into a message here?

Alternatively you can set that Fiery to update itself automatically - in Configure enable System Updates. It's under Webtools > configure tab > configure. It's set to 3am by default. It uses port 443.

Where are you located?
    Well at least the webtools error was just something transient, it now connects to update server just fine. I will re-attempt to get it to auto-update now. I am in east Texas. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mprints View Post
    Well at least the webtools error was just something transient, it now connects to update server just fine. I will re-attempt to get it to auto-update now. I am in east Texas. Thank you
    I am still not able to get it to autoupdate. I have set the port to allow outbound connections in Windows Firewall. I am sure the problem is simple, a checkbox or setting I am missing. Is there anything in "Network setup" I should check that might be preventing autoupdates?

Quote Originally Posted by mprints View Post
    I am still not able to get it to autoupdate. I have set the port to allow outbound connections in Windows Firewall. I am sure the problem is simple, a checkbox or setting I am missing. Is there anything in "Network setup" I should check that might be preventing autoupdates?
    SOLVED Just for future reference, my DNS info was incomplete, entered that info and now all updated.