Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bustled Fiery with Xerox Color 550 hangs...

I have not heard of this issue on an EX, so that should be a safe way to go for now.

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

Hi,

is there any update on this?

we are running sp5 and we need to reboot server also frequently

thnx

You should be fine with the External.
    Thanks, Craig

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    You should be fine with the External.
    Thanks, Craig
    yes, bet we are using embed fiery

I thought you were asking about loaning them an external.

nah, we dont have any fierys like that in stock to loan

Default Update

Just wanted to update on this issue.

An EX560 was loaned to my customer but did not solve the problem. The EX would hang every few days just like the embedded RIP. A senior Xerox engineer and analyst visited the site, rebuilt the 'Green' print controller on the 550 and put the embedded 550 RIP back on. All seemed well for a few days.

But after a few days the fiery started to hang again, although this time the behavior was different. Now it did respond to pings, new jobs would queue in command workstation, but the engine showed as in power save mode even though it was not, so no jobs released to print .

The issue seems to be that the engine and the RIP fall out of sync.

One setting that seemed to make the difference is the job mismatch action (in the fiery config settings). This setting is switched off by default, but the Xerox analyst turned it on. Cannot say for sure that this is what stops the machine going completely off the network but it certainly seems to be.

The embedded RIP still hangs, but not as badly as before. While this makes little difference to the end user it's something that might help others.

What I, Xerox or the customer's IT cannot get to the bottom of is whether the crash is being caused by network traffic, the Fiery or the 550 controller. This is the only 550 i have seen this issue with and we have many in the field.

Is your bustled Fiery fully patched including SP6?

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? We see this happening on the 570 bustled fiery as well.

labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by jphelps View Post
    Has anyone come up with a solution for this? We see this happening on the 570 bustled fiery as well.
    Hello

The Xerox Color 570 dont have the same DFE, but the problems is solved for the first DFE with software version 1.1 with patches up to SP9 what i know.

But yesterday i got a call from a customer with the new DFE and they say that sometimes when they have printed a job and then go for a short breake, when they comes back and load the machine with paper and want to print another job then the Command Workstation say "Load paper....." but the customer has configure the right paper size and type in both engine and print driver, and when customer gets to the display of the machine and touch any icon then it seems very slow. then customer reboot the whole machine and DFE. then it prints again witout any problem for some days.

Anyone else that have this type of problem ?

Best Regards
    Mattias
    Xerox Technican and analyst

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2