Thread: Fiery screening

Default Fiery screening

I understand that the Fiery for our Konica Minolta C8000 will support a variety of line screens. Is there documentation perhaps in the user guide that can show how it is done, and what line screens would be available.

fvermeire is offline Fiery Certified Professional fvermeire is on a distinguished path

The Konica Minolta C8000 has 5 different line screen. Going from two line screens, two dot screens and one stochastic screen. For each line screen you can setup an lpi value on the machine.

You can even choose a line screen for all your images and a different line screen for text and graphics (vector). For instance i mostly use like a 190 lpi Dot 1 for all my images and 150 lpi Dot 2 for solid elements or gray surfaces.

First, it selects the screen on the machine:

Press UTILITY/COUNTERS > 02 Administration Settings > 05 Expert Adjustment > 04 Quality Adjustment > 03 Custom Screen

See Chapter 9 of the user manual, which you configure on this screen, it will use the Fiery to print

Regards

Once the additional screens are enabled on the engine, you would need to make sure that if printing from driver that like settings are reflected acurately in Printer/Properties/Installable Options on Windows client (or equivalent in Mac client driver setup)