Thread: Composite Black color problem (Fiery EX700i+ Xerox700i)

Exclamation Composite Black color problem (Fiery EX700i+ Xerox700i)

We have a business cards file with a composite CMYK black (25,25,25,100) background and some green text. Pure CMYK vector data. We print from PDF file through Adobe Acrobat Pro.

When it's processed with Fiery (ISO Coated Fogra39L for CMYK and Pure Black with overprint) and we check the RIPed file, we get absolutely different CMYK data (53,56,51,80). And more, when it's printed it looks like it's printed in just plain black without any other background colors.

Need help, where could be the problem and how to solve it? Appreciate any thoughts.

Hello,

What if you import and print the PDF with Command Workstation as opposed to printing with Acrobat? Is the color different?

If so, try checking the color settings for printing from Acrobat. File->Print->Advanced->Color Management->Color Handling. I believe Acrobat uses Acrobat Color Management as default. Try changing this to Printer Color Management.

Best regards,
    Bruce

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Following on from Bruce's comments - the fact that you are printing through a simulation profile i.e. Fogra 39 will result in the CMYK values changing, try changing the simulation to SWOP or Toyo - Process & Hold & look at the CMYK values again in Imageviewer they will be different again...

If you print through a simulation profile - The Fiery is expressing colour within that colour space & as such will convert the CMYK values..

If you want the Fiery to just honour what is in the file - remove the raster off your previously ripped file -> properties -> Colour -> Basic Settings -> on the CMYK dropdown choose bypass conversion, you will see that the arrow on the mimic screen will then move to just applying the calibration & will not go through the output profile. Process & Hold , then Imageviewer your CMYK values will be as in your file..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 08-09-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Thanks for your explanations. I know that ColorWise changes color information to fit printer's gamut. The problem in this particular situation is that black color on printed sample doesn't lok like 53,56,51,80, it's not really a RICH black, it looks more like 0,0,0,99.

Yesterday we calibrated colors with i1 and colors are fine but for this job problem still the same, composite black doesn't look solid and rich...

To Bruce W: I will check today about sending the PDF file and reply the results...

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

What about if you enter Expert Settings in the Colour Tab -> Gray & Black Processing Tab change from the default pure black on to Rich Black & Re Process does that change it at all ?
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..