Thread: Can't see IC-409 on network right after Software Reload

JasonB is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor JasonB is on a distinguished path

Default Can't see IC-409 on network right after Software Reload

I just repaired an unusual unlocked CPU issue with an IC-409 controller that was literally new in box and it now boots to "00" just fine. Is there a way to see this controller on a small basic network without the copier? Or perhaps using a crossover cable? Normally I would stick it on our internet LAN and the router would pick it up from its factory DHCP default it is usually assigned after software reload and the router would assign it an IP that I could see in the router interface. I would then take that IP and plug it into a browser on that same network and check out the Fiery Web tools on the unit and upload all the latest updates from that point; however, this unit is not coming up at all in the router user list. Like I said, this is a fresh reinstall, in fact I did it twice to see if that was the issue. I'm not accidentally plugged in the copier port, and I'm getting LED lights on the LAN port as I should. What am I missing? Or does this particular Fiery unit need to be on a copier to register a LAN for the 1st time? Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

I believe first time booted after reload you must have it attached to copier, so that via copier front panel's Fiery interface you set the Fiery's language before it initially configures itself.

So, yes, you need the copier connected

JasonB is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor JasonB is on a distinguished path

Scott, thanks - just the confirmation info I needed. I thought this might be the case, but I needed a professional opinion since we don't have the copier here for that test. Thanks again!