+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paper Catalog

Default Paper Catalog

Hi,

i have a very strang issue with my Papercatalog.

since we use the papercatalog very fanaticaly we have a lot of stock in there. Not only on type but on size, with scale, shift, transfer and everything attached to it. Offcourse Media profiles.

Now we have an issue with the order the stock is in. Most stock will be in alphabetical order. However some will not follow this ordertype and will be either in the bottom of the catalog or on the top.

Attached the XML file of our papercatalog. papercat.txt

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

I've downloaded the txt file attached - can you attach the actual xml file please & let me know which stocks don't behave in the way you want..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Default Papercatalog

Herewith the XML file.

Im experiencing problems with sizes and with the sorting of the catalog

It used to be sorted via Alphabet but now it seems to use a different sorting method.

IN CWS 5 all is well but in my Imagepress C7000VP its not. Some papers are sorted via name others dont seem to work this way.

Further more if i setup a 320 x460 mm paper size CWS will make it 319.97x460.02

The XML shows point sizes. SoPaper Catalog-ddm-20-9-2012.zip it must be a rounding issue.

My catalogs have been in a mess for months.

One tech told me an internet explorer update had interfered with it and he temporarily fixed the issue by removing the IE update. Since then though the issue is back and can't be fixed via that method.

Stocks ideally would be listed by Size then weight e.g

A4 100
    A4 200
    A3 80
    A3 100
    SRA3 350

but they are listed in quite random orders, different on both my RIP's

Is there a solution?

Default Solution Paper Catalog

Hi Chris,

what i did was move my Paper Catalog XML output to a local disk. Return to factory defaults in your Rip and re import the XML.

Problems seem to appear when CWS 4 to 5 update is done and in some cases other updates. I use the same kind of sorting as you stated.

When u re-import the whole shabangh you will probably loose some sizing. In my case its a local/Region /language issue. For instance a 320x460 mm will become 319,982x460.345 or something.

Anyway export to XML then re-import and unlock all papers again. (Either by changing sizes or other attributes)

Hi, thanks for the help - that's great.

Funnily I'd been to a similar place before but as you're listening maybe you know what to do here?

I'm logged in as Administrator and have the printer powered off.

When I chose to reset to factory I get told that some stocks can not be removed because they relate to active jobs in my Queue. Turning the machine off (as mentioned above,) removing the raster and even deleting the jobs does not even help here. [EDIT: Clearing the Server worked]

Once I come to re-import the Import option is grayed out. I can however drag the exported list onto the Catalog area and I'm prompted to import.

After some time it is apparent that CWS has crashed and I reboot.

After reboot I'm in a similar state to before I even began.

Any offerings?

Thanks!

~~

Alternatively, and to no better result - Rather than re-import the stock I simply rebooted RIP and Machine and the stock was automatically re-imported. Same issue though; They're in an irrational order.
    Last edited by ChrisWilsh; 01-07-2013 at 02:48 PM.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Chris,

Can you tell me which box & fiery you have ? your previous post alluded to an issue with IE9 & paper catolog - which is true, albeit on specific boxes.. is it perchance a Xerox XC1000 with an EX1000 RIP on V2.2 ????

Excellent guess - yes - I really should add this to my signature.

Nearly yes anyway - seems to be 2.1

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Hi Chris,

Can you tell me which box & fiery you have ? your previous post alluded to an issue with IE9 & paper catolog - which is true, albeit on specific boxes.. is it perchance a Xerox XC1000 with an EX1000 RIP on V2.2 ????

OK -thought it might be.

You'll need to get your EX1000 upgraded to Ver 2.2 as soon as possible ( Have a chat with your Xerox Support Team - this is a known issue). Once upgraded it will need to be patched.

1-1F4H66: Updating from IE8 to IE9, EX1000 Paper Catalog no longer updates. is the actual patch however this is rolled up into 1-1HLP0K.exe which is a Composite Patch.

There are several patches with this version which address issues with engine handshake - we have put it on loads of 1000's & it works. It is a Scrape reload so back off everything you want ( Spots / Profiles / Workflows etc ) manually. Normally takes around 4 hours end to end.

The IOT will be done at the same time - which is where your Paper Catalog is actually stored - that should fix your problem
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 01-07-2013 at 11:22 PM.

excellent! thanks for the support. will have xerox do that for us ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    OK -thought it might be.

You'll need to get your EX1000 upgraded to Ver 2.2 as soon as possible ( Have a chat with your Xerox Support Team - this is a known issue). Once upgraded it will need to be patched.

1-1F4H66: Updating from IE8 to IE9, EX1000 Paper Catalog no longer updates. is the actual patch however this is rolled up into 1-1HLP0K.exe which is a Composite Patch.

There are several patches with this version which address issues with engine handshake - we have put it on loads of 1000's & it works. It is a Scrape reload so back off everything you want ( Spots / Profiles / Workflows etc ) manually. Normally takes around 4 hours end to end.

The IOT will be done at the same time - which is where your Paper Catalog is actually stored - that should fix your problem
    2x Xerox Color1000's (V2.1) Powered by Fiery V10, CWS5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast