Thread: Tray Alignment

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Default Tray Alignment

Hi there

We have a customer printing a lot from the stack bypass on a Xerox DC 252 with a EX260 Fiery.

We have aligned the machine for duplexing on the device from the SB. We then try and align through the Fiery using tray aligment fro A4 from the SB. This works fine. The test print we send down via the driver from an app is perfect with crops marks. We then try and align the device on A3 paper (duplex) using tray aligment on the Fiery. This works fine with a print from an app using the driver. We then go back to printing an A4 from the SB and it is totally out when duplexing!

Does the Fiery overwrite the existing file each time you try and align a different paper size from the SB using tray alignment? Or does the Fiery build a database of each paper size aligned from the SB through tray aligment?

Any ideas are always appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Paul,

By SB - I'm guessing you mean Tray 5 ? or if you have a finisher ? the interposer tray..???

Fiery Alignment - is very rudimentary - as you have found it doesn't take into consideration different stocks / sizes / weights - it certainly doesn't build a database.

More recent devices allow you to "profile" individual stocks either via the GUI or indeed via a FWA ( Full Width Array ) - as the EX1000.

The reason for this is that any image delivered via the Fiery "should " be centred on the page electronically as to it's page size - any deviation i.e. differences in slow / fast scan ( magnification ) trap or Perpendicularity will only occur on the engine not the Fiery..

Again "Normally" if a device - i.e. an IOT (engine) has been setup correctly there should be no need for Fiery Alignment" regardless of Paper size..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 07-12-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..