Thread: CWS 5.3.21d and Canon

Hybrid View

Default CWS 5.3.21d and Canon

I am using a Canon Imagepress c7000VP System 8 v 2.0 A3100 controller by EFI and have been fiorced by Canon to go back to stonehenge and use CWS 4 due to a problem with the Eye one that they deliver with the Graphic Arts package.

When i install CWS 5 any version! a EFI ES1000 will ben installed which will result in the fact that my eye one will stop working.

Colorwise pro tools will no longer be able to calibrate since no eye one will be found.

I allready deactivated the ES1000 service and removed it from start up. No results.

Anyone have a workaround?

Default RE: CWS 5.3.21d and Canon

Please explain the problem that has them making you run CWS 4 and give me your i1 serial number from the base plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_P View Post
    Please explain the problem that has them making you run CWS 4 and give me your i1 serial number from the base plate.
    Hi Lou,

nice to hear from you. I believe you were at our company last year in Obdam , Netherlands.
    The problem is that Canon will not support CWS 5 on the System 8 2.0 EFI Rip that they set us up with.

The issues that we face is not so much CWS 5 not working on our Rip but it has to do with the Eye One that they supply customers with. In the Colormanagement workflow that they provide they use Colorwise Pro. This corrects shading issues and is used for Calibration. After installing CWS 5 a EFI ES1000 device will be added. This is the main reason Canon does not support CWS 5 on the RIPS. The EFI ES1000 will prevent the Eye One from working. It must be a license issue since the Eye one will work wit all other software such as Process Control 2.0 through 3.0. Weve spoken about using the EFI solution ut Canon is quite anal regarding the validation of the machine with Process Control. To keep Canon happy we did not update any of our software with third party.

The problem with Canon is the lack of adequate knowledge of the Rips and the upgrades a customer can do.

The solution to the ES1000 problem was to degrade the rip back to CWS 4.0 and Process Control 2.0. Software other than delivered by Canon will not be tolerated on the Rip. This makes life harder than is should be.

In short we are running:
    CWS 4.7.0.44
    System 8 Release 2.0
    Rip A3000 with upgrades to A3100 or A3200 (cant make out the difference on the machine)
    Process Control 2.0

I would like to run
    CWS 5.3.21d (and all updates after if any are availlable at EFI)
    This should be possible on a System 8 Release 2.0 i think
    We have process control 3.0 running but Canon does not like that because they would like to keep all machines equal so the service departement will be able to solve all problems without them having to service demanding customers like me.

After installing CWS 5.3.21d there are several things that happen:

1. Calibration will no longer work since the colorwise pro tools will tell me no Gretach macbeth Eye one is found
    2. when restarting a i1pc.bin process will not be able to end and i need to manually end it
    3. Canon flips out because i installed CWS 5

hope u can help

thanks

Hi,
    please note that Canon has officially approved latest CWS 5 version which you can download from the web. Canon Europe has also informed all sales organizations that escalations against CWS 4 will not be accepted.
    To my knowledge there is a new version of Eye-One process control available, this should be version 3.0.7. According to Canon Europe this version should fix some of the issues which you are reporting.
    I will contact Canon NL and ask them to test the latest version of CWS in combination with 3.0.7, and come back to you with their feedback.
    Thanks,
    Anna

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_dM View Post
    Hi,
    please note that Canon has officially approved latest CWS 5 version which you can download from the web. Canon Europe has also informed all sales organizations that escalations against CWS 4 will not be accepted.
    To my knowledge there is a new version of Eye-One process control available, this should be version 3.0.7. According to Canon Europe this version should fix some of the issues which you are reporting.
    I will contact Canon NL and ask them to test the latest version of CWS in combination with 3.0.7, and come back to you with their feedback.
    Thanks,
    Anna
    Hi Anna,

nice to hear from you that you are still on the job at EFI. We've met several years ago at EFI headquarters in Schiphol Rijk. I was testing the Q1 back then in combination with DSF. Remember me?

1400 today i will have Erwin Dijkman (head service dept. Canon) here to see what we can do.

I would appreciate any effort from your end to have this solution up and running

Robin
    direxiondm

Hi Robin,

off course I remember you.
    I have asked Canon NL post sales team to test latest version of process control with CWS 5.3 web release. If needed I will visit Canon and run some tests with them.
    I will update you soon on our test results.

Thanks,
    A-

Default Serial Number Eye-one

Quote Originally Posted by Lou_P View Post
    Hi Lou,

my serial numer is: 3.2078-327157-8