Thread: sequential printing

viorel is offline Fiery Certified Professional viorel is on a distinguished path

Default sequential printing

Is there a way to perform Sequential Printing (FIFO) printing with a Ricoh EB-1357 (1107EX) and E41(C900) Fiery Controller at this moment?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Sequential printing is a Fiery System 10 feature, no?

Default Sequential Printing

Yes Sequential print is a feature in Fiery System 10. It allows First In, First Out printing.

manyfaces is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor manyfaces is on a distinguished path

The only way I've found to do this is to print to the direct queue (I use port 9101. LPR to direct queue seems to go back through the print queue on my 1357). Since that queue processes as it receives the jobs, there's no chance for them to be printed out of order.

The hardest part about sequential printing is making sure that you send jobs in the right order. A lot of printing protocols send things in parallel. First-in, first-out only works if the input order is actually correct.