+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RE: Xerox WorkCentre 7700 series Bustled Fiery

JasonB is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor JasonB is on a distinguished path

Default RE: Xerox WorkCentre 7700 series Bustled Fiery

Is this the exact same model bustled fiery as the bustled Fiery for the DC242/252/260 series? Perhaps with different system software.... or the same? Can someone please confirm this? the reason I ask is that I have a WC7775 that needs a bustled Fiery and have access to a bustled Fiery for the DC242/252/260 series and for all practical purposes, the WC7775 and the DC260 are the exact same machine minus some print production goodies and Xerox support does not seem to know whether this will work and I don't want to try it until I get some sort of educated confirmation before I take a big risk like that. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, but the Fiery's are completely different. The 77xx series is XPe and the 242/252/260 is Linux based. Chip sets in the 77xx are much newer as well as different HDD's, Mother Boards etc. You cannot make one Fiery into another.

JasonB is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor JasonB is on a distinguished path

Default RE: Fast Reply!

Craig,

Thanks for the fast reply! I very aware that most Fiery controllers are completely proprietary to a given copier/wide-format printer, but there are some odd cases where I've seen firsthand a Fiery that is operational between two different series of copiers or printers and there isn't a lick of documentation to support it. For instance the Ricoh E5000 can be used in place of the E3000 with complete compatibility. I was even told here that this was not possible. It is, and the E5000 is more reliable. Konica Minolta’s IC-409 made for the earlier c650/C550/C451 but then was strangely re-released for the newer C353/C253, plus you could reload firmware on an older IC-409 and it would work for the newer series just fine. The Minolta PI-5500 had a very similar generational leap that was actually advertised from the DI-451 & DI-550 to the newer DI-470 with a v2.0 system software upgrade. There's several other examples, but you get what I mean. Anyway, that was more the level clarification I meant - I've been working steadily with Fiery controllers since the MIPS RISC and DEC ALPHA antique generations. Even worked on one entry level DOS driven Canon Fiery once long ago… scary, right?

Thanks!

do you have the part number of the fiery for WC7775? and where can i find it? is it just plug and play? no need additional resources to setup?

K.scottcanada is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor K.scottcanada is on a distinguished path

I have several that are new in the box. Please PM me for pricing and any other questions regarding set-up.

+ Reply to Thread