Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist for future versions of Command Workstation

Yes, applying Job Property settings from one job to anther is as obvious help, and it's been overlooked all this time. This is a great idea; thanks (Shawn) for adding it and thanks for everyone's echoing it. We'll add it to the list of ideas we're exploring (although we do that with all the ideas we find on this thread in particular).
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    I will third this.

It's so obvious, I think it's been overlooked. It's not an automation feature per se; however, it would be a huge time saver in many cases.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Thank you for giving us feedback Mike. For us who post ideas and suggestions that is just as important to us.

Default Just finished looking at CWS 6

Some interesting features and nice cleanup on the layout, but we still didn't get a way to minimize/collapse our CWS window to where we only see our printer, the current job running, and any error message.

I'm rather disappointed and told the moderator so. He suggested I check out Fiery GO.

It looks like this:

Cool right? I was excited! Then I looked closer...

I don't have an iPhone or an iPad and there doesn't appear to be a desktop app. Why it it so hard to get them to understand we don't just monitor jobs all day. Not all of us are sitting in the same room as our printer and can't just hear when it requires attention. We NEED to be able to work on other things and still keep an eye on the print queue!

Beyond frustrated...

Doyle is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Doyle is on a distinguished path

And for the thousandly time or more Profile Lists Sorted.

Default CWS6 Home Button

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Baker View Post
    Some interesting features and nice cleanup on the layout, but we still didn't get a way to minimize/collapse our CWS window to where we only see our printer, the current job running, and any error message.

I'm rather disappointed and told the moderator so. He suggested I check out Fiery GO.

It looks like this:

I don't have an iPhone or an iPad and there doesn't appear to be a desktop app. Why it it so hard to get them to understand we don't just monitor jobs all day. Not all of us are sitting in the same room as our printer and can't just hear when it requires attention. We NEED to be able to work on other things and still keep an eye on the print queue!

Beyond frustrated...
    Sherry

Perhaps the "Home" button (top left blue button with a house icon under the Fiery Logo Left hand side) on CWS6 could achieve what you're after if you're just wanting to monitor the status of each of your Fiery's? I have 4 x Fiery's connected in the following screenshot and it shows me status of each fiery in the one window pane
    Attached Images  

Default CWS6 Home Button

Name:  CWS-Home-button.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  138.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Baker View Post

It looks like this:

Beyond frustrated...
    Sherry

Perhaps the "Home" button (top left blue button with a house icon under the Fiery Logo Left hand side) on CWS6 could achieve what you're after if you're just wanting to monitor the status of each of your Fiery's? I have 4 x Fiery's connected in the following screenshot and it shows me status of each fiery in the one window pane

Sherry

Name:  CWS-Home-button.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  138.2 KB

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default Couple more customer asks

From the 'why doesn't the new version work like the old version?' department;

In CWS6 it would be great to have the ability to resize sections and/or hide sections not needed.
    People also seemed to like the way the CWS5 screen flipped over when changing servers. Of course it doesn't add to anybody's productivity but was kinda fun if for just a brief second. In general I'm hearing that the CWS6 layout design is boring compared to CWS5.

As echoed by others on the site I'm hearing lots of cries of anguish over still not being able to sort presets and templates, and when editing existing presets not having the ability to "Save As". Another request was to have the ability to add Custom paper sizes to the list of sheet sizes in Impose.

How about offering the option (e.g. a radio checkbox) to automatically prepend or append duplicate filenames as they are imported into the Held Queue? For example, Jobname.pdf_1, Jobname.pdf_2 etc?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_H View Post
    Sherry

Perhaps the "Home" button (top left blue button with a house icon under the Fiery Logo Left hand side) on CWS6 could achieve what you're after if you're just wanting to monitor the status of each of your Fiery's?
    No. It's about size and screen real estate. Your suggestion still takes up too much room. We want to multitask.

We need a way to monitor the status of our copiers in a TINY Floating status window so we can still use the rest of our screen to do work. As a bonus, it could also be minimized to the menu bar, then when it has a message from the Fiery, make some sort of noise and give you a pop-up notification.

You know... like most printers already do... and without the benefit of a Command Workstation. This feels like a ten year old problem that even cheap inkjets have figured out by now.

Our printers are only making money when they are running, so having easy, instant access to status is crucial to a well-run digital department. Having to continually flip back and forth to see if you are out of paper... need toner... have a jam... wastes a lot of operator time.

Quote Originally Posted by deckm00 View Post
    From the 'why doesn't the new version work like the old version?' department;

As echoed by others on the site I'm hearing lots of cries of anguish over still not being able to sort presets and templates, and when editing existing presets not having the ability to "Save As".
    I hadn't gotten that far in my assessment... we still can't sort our presets?? Please don't tell me they still don't accept spaces in file names, too...

Having_To_Do_This_Is_So_80s

I thought they said they were watching this thread. From the sound of it, I'm having my doubts.
    Last edited by Sherry Baker; 08-11-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast