Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist for future versions of Command Workstation

Default Job history

Just thought of an other useful feature.
    Job history in CWS displays only the last time a job was printed. We have sometimes a job with larger quantities that we interrupt for other jobs. If the manual count gets lost we have to go through the pile to find out the quantity. If there would be a history on a printed file, we could go back and just add it all up. Creo had it and it was very useful. We miss that.

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Job history in CWS displays only the last time a job was printed. We have sometimes a job with larger quantities that we interrupt for other jobs. If the manual count gets lost we have to go through the pile to find out the quantity. If there would be a history on a printed file, we could go back and just add it all up. Creo had it and it was very useful. We miss that.
    i agree, and i found out that if i hit print instead of print and hold the last print to the printed tab has the same date and time as all of the others and i have to hunt through them to see which was my last variation. Happens when i adjust the image shift or try different RGB CMYK profiles to find a match. Having the date/time list the actual printed time rather than the rip or queued time would be very helpful.

dan

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default Here's what you can do

1. you can go to the job log and I think you can see how many prints were actually made.
    2. right-click on any column header and you can add "Timestamp Done Printing" and that way you can sort by the actual printing date and time to help you figure out which job was which.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Better yet, how about rush print that actually works ... pauses current job .. prints rush job ... auto-resumes original job. Got customer standing at counter wanting resume for a job interview across town in five minutes ... he wants it right now! Some field testing would help!

StarDigital is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor StarDigital is on a distinguished path

One thing that has bothered me is the loss of color adjusting in image viewer when i have to reprocess the file. I know i can save it or even copy it, but sometimes i have to reprint a job that i've done a week or two ago and i need it to have the current printer calibration settings. Other than just duplicating it (which i sometimes forget to do), or copying the curve (ctrl-C), i'll more often lose the curve i had set.

Could you make it so the curve is part of the file when the rip is removed? I know the Image enhancement visual editor changes remain in effect so something like that would help.

perhaps even an ability to apply the current calibration shift to the ripped file?

Thank you

dan

Quote Originally Posted by actionqp View Post
    Better yet, how about rush print that actually works ... pauses current job .. prints rush job ... auto-resumes original job. Got customer standing at counter wanting resume for a job interview across town in five minutes ... he wants it right now! Some field testing would help!
    Yeah that would be great, we need that function often.

Default Batching Multiple pdf's into one imposed file

One of the things i do like about our prepress website system "Presswise" is the ability to combine multiple PDF's into one by batching them. I use it mostly to create multiple up of the same pdf like Business cards. But it is best and combining multiple jobs onto one sheet (ie 20 different business cards all bleed/no bleed using the same paper), they call it a batch. Could Fiery implement something similar. i had thought JobFlow might be able to do this.

the process as i see it would be user drops the PDF's into one folder (or a right click menu like hotfolders) and the template knows to combine them and output according to a impose template set up for it.

dan

Hi Dan, thanks for sharing your feedback. Would you be willing to contact me at hans[dot]sep[at]efi[dot]com? I would be interested in some of your use cases for batching jobs.
    --
    Hans Sep, Product Manager Fiery JobFlow

Default CWS Impose

My wish would be offset margin editing within CWS impose.
    Impose currently only allows for gutter adjustment between business cards for example.
    Many of the near line finishers that I've used do not cut based on a layout in the exact center of the page.
    We have to create the impose layout and then add an additional step of Finishing > Image Shift.

If you could add an image shift within the gutter adjustment it would solve this problem.
    It would be a margin adjustment.

1 Record setup within mixed media. Often i do zip files with variable data and they can have a lot of records. One of them has greyscale on the first page and color on the back. But i cannot indicate this using mixed media. What i would like is a selection for records that can do any of the mixed media options but within pages of a record.

2 Multiple output tray possibilities. Colating or no colating is ok but if you could say even pages go to stacker and odd go to upper tray that would be so useful. It would save time setting up multiple jobs for each part of a PDF. And for those who have a machine that collates and booklets, for example, having separate parts would be useful (if you don't have extra of a paper you want all parts printed to equal each other).

Dan
    Star Digital Print
    Lincoln, Ne

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast