+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wishlist for future versions of Command Workstation

Quote Originally Posted by drfoots View Post
    Hi,

i did not find a wishlist thread in the forum so im asking you all.
    What are your wishes for a next version of command workstation?
    What will be time savers in your workflow?

Maybe EFI ist reading this thread an will build it into the software if possible.

My personal wishes for a next version are:

- to set the amount of copies for the job directly in the job summary field so i didn`t have to open the properties every time
    - to choose a print preference also directly in the job summary panel an rip an hold it there.
    Hi drfoots,

We have added the ability to edit the number of copies, and job names directly from the job list in Job center of CWS 5.4. Now you don't have to open job properties for this!

Could you explain more about this request?
    - to sort the job preferences in the properties field and a way to change the job preferences and not to make a new one every time i want to build in changes.

Thanks,
    Greta.

It would be nice if the next version of CWS comes without the bug in the impose function when using the magnifying glass more the twice. Also see this thread here.

I use the impose function very often and like to take a good look at the preview to see if every setting is done correctly. Unfortunately on a Mac CWS freezes the moment you click on the preview with the magnifying glass more then twice when trying to enlarge the preview.

Keep up the good work guys! Up to now CWS is already good and once you get the hang of it it's an easy-to-use piece of software!

Next thing on the wish list: a function in CWS where you can insert a slip sheet
    every after every x prints.

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default Job Props Defaults

Let me throw in my two cents'..

I apologize if this is a v10 feature already but as others have echoed in other threads I'd love to have a way to change the default job properties for jobs that are imported into the Hold queue, one that doesn't involve virtual printers or hot folders.

Quote Originally Posted by deckm00 View Post
    Let me throw in my two cents'..

I apologize if this is a v10 feature already but as others have echoed in other threads I'd love to have a way to change the default job properties for jobs that are imported into the Hold queue, one that doesn't involve virtual printers or hot folders.
    Whether it is about using server presets or editing default hold queue properties, both are Fiery system 10 features.

thank you for your input,
    l-

Default Request for shortcut options on next CWS

I love the new CWS 5.4.0.76, but I have some tweaking requests.

In the Device Center-Resources-Spot Colors area, I load up my paper profile for the spot colors by going to [Properties] box. Imputing my preferences here can be tedious, though I have shortened it by creating a preset of the job I am working on. I still have to go into properties to select a preset however and that takes extra time. so my two requests in this are:

1. Have a drop down box to the right of the properties box in Spot Colors for presets to save time, and
    2. Have the CWS remember my last configuration or preset i used.

When doing color matching i often return to spot colors some 10 - 20 times to tweak the color. This 'shortcut' would help out a lot.

Thanks,
    Dan

P.S. Is there a way to print a CWS color-bar that can be scanned using a spectroscope for color accuracy. I found quite a few online but none pertaining to digital. Such a development could be useful in tweaking the color more accurately. Just a thought. Thank you.

P.P.S. There is a selectable column 'preset' in the main job window, but it doesn't do anything, could a drop-down box work here?

Default My wishlist items for CWS 5.5.0.35...

First off, is there a way to make CWS remember the column width positions?
    Every time I load the app each day it resets the column widths back to the default, which is quite annoying.

Secondly (as discussed previously) the Presets handling really needs an overhaul. When you look at how Lightroom and other Adobe apps save presets you can see how it’s done properly. Not being able to save a preset with spaces is strange although can be lived with, but not being able to overwrite a preset without retyping the full preset name is frustrating to say the least. If you mistype it will create a new one and then you have to figure which is the old one that needs to be deleted. It's very rare to get a preset exactly right first time and they often need updating, so adding the option to update an existing Preset is a no-brainer in my book.

I too would like to see files sent to CWS with the same name as an existing one in the queue to be replaced, it can be confusing having more than one file with the same name in the queue.

Finally when pressing the tab key from field to field in CWS (especially in custom paper size panel) can the number that is already within the box be automatically highlighted so the new size can be typed in without having to highlight first.

I look forward to seeing these features in the next CWS update.

David

deckm00 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor deckm00 is on a distinguished path

Default More futures

Ok here's my two or three cents' (and ditto to everyone else's contributions);

1. Allow mouse wheel response without having to select a line first.
    2. Ability to re-arrange the menus to suit specific needs like you can in the Quick Access area. E.g., why are the staple options now half-way down the Finishing section?
    3. Scripting options - for example script a hot folder such that if a file is dropped into it a certain image from the Archive queue is automatically added to it as a back page.
    4. Image Shift - offer a thumbnail view of a page so that the user can see which way the image is being shifted.
    5. How about having the ability to remove options not relevant to the particular printer, such as removing hole punching options when there is no 3HP installed?
    6. Why is Stamping an option in the PPD but not Job Properties?
    7. Rename or better yet remove the transparency slip-sheet option. The function vs. terminology is confusing. Better yet, offer slip sheets as an up-front option not buried in mixed media.

Printfun is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Printfun is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by deckm00 View Post
    Ok here's my two or three cents' (and ditto to everyone else's contributions);

4. Image Shift - offer a thumbnail view of a page so that the user can see which way the image is being shifted.
    I agree, this would be an outstanding addition!

Default Info Sheet Tab

In the info sheet tab we would like to see the number of sheet in the document displayed right beside the sheet selection box. We worked with Creo before and they had that option. If I want to run for example the last sheet, I don't need to go back out to see how many pages the document has. Just makes life easier.

+ Reply to Thread