Thread: Getting blacks - black

Default Getting blacks - black

I am using External Fiery on Xerox 770. CMS 5 plus.
    Printing on 250/300gsm stock

I have a client who is not happy with the black printing. I have experienced this before on other machines and rips, and playing around with the color settings usually sorts the issue. But I can not get this to work.

Client is wishing to go elsewhere to use an indigo to get the solid black, but these couple of jobs are worth big money...

HELP.....

Default Turn Rich Black ON

Great news, we already have a feature to make blacks print darker and richer.

When you print the job, go to job properties, Color tab, expert color, black and gray processing, and under black select 'Rich Black On'. That's it!

Print the job and check if the blacks are what you're after.

If not, then you can always make a substitute color with any CMYK makeup you want for black. Let me know if you need help with this.

Greta.

Love to think that would solve it, but thats already on...

Any other ideas?

Default Substitute Color

Sure, you can use substitute color to replace blacks with a four color black.
    I'm assuming the black areas in the source file are defined as C:0 M:0 Y:0 K:100?

To make a substitute color, go to Command Workstation > Device Center > Resources > Spot Colors. At the top, click on properties to choose the same job properties you will use for your job (Media selection is critical here).

Then Click New > Substitute Color Group, and then New > Substitute Color.

In the window that comes up, type in 0, 0, 0, 100 on the left boxes (source color), and click edit on the right to define the output color. I'd try 100% of all four - CMYK.

That's it. Print your file again, but this time select 'Substitute color' under color tab of Job properties.