Thread: PROBLEM - Xerox 560 Print Driver - Slow to open Properties WIN7

Default PROBLEM - Xerox 560 Print Driver - Slow to open Properties WIN7

I have printer driver slowness issues on Windows 7-64bitSP1 with latest patches pushed out from a Windows 2008-R2 using group policies.

We are running EFI Driver version 4.1 driver version 6.1.7601.17514

It typically takes 10 seconds to edit print job properties on a Xerox 560 EX and Xerox 560 Integrated printers to change the color of a job from B/W to color.

What is the optimal configuration for EFI print driver in a Windows 2008-R2 print server?

HELP!

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi kthieding,

1 question ? have you got the print driver installed on a server ? my reason for asking is that if you have & you have enabled Bi Directional Comms when the the client PC's install the driver with Bi Directional on - this might explain the "hesitation" - I have seen this before.. if this is the case - configure the server printer without bi - di ( not sure that sounds right...?? ) & get the clients to retry..

In answer to my own question - yes you are running on a 2008 Server - try turning off Bi-Di on the server & retry.. should have gone to Spec Savers...!
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 04-03-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Tried to turn it off a million times. The setting wont stick.

to my knowledge the EFI drivers generally speaking are slow to open ... not sure theres a way of fixing that ...