Thread: Workflows missing in Command Workstation

Default Workflows missing in Command Workstation

I am an admitted nooby to Fiery and am trying to learn all the powerful features. In doing so, I was trying the how-to enhance image quality of pictures tutorial and was following the tutorial only to find a reference to the Workflow tab under the Device Center tab. My Command workstation 5.3.1.32d does not have this tab. Is this an install issue on my part?

Printfun is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Printfun is on a distinguished path

Hi CERRSC,

First off, welcome to the forum!

My guess would be that you are not signed in as Administrator.(You are probably signed in as an operator or guest). Once you sign in as Administrator, the Workflows tab will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Printfun View Post
    Hi CERRSC,

First off, welcome to the forum!

My guess would be that you are not signed in as Administrator.(You are probably signed in as an operator or guest). Once you sign in as Administrator, the Workflows tab will appear.

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I am logged in as Administrator, but the workflow tab is not present!

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Can you tell us which Fiery Box you have, what it is connected to & whether it is an External Fiery with FACI kit ( ie keyboard / mouse / monitor ) or is it bustled Fiery & you have loade the CWS 5.3.1.32d CWS ( 265MB) or the application package ( 906MB ) on a PC ( Windows Version ) MAC etc etc.

I have the same version of CWS installed on my XP laptop ( nothing special ) pointing at an EX700 ( Xerox ):

Name:  EX700.PNG
Views: 3298
Size:  63.1 KB

I'm guessing you should see the same screengrab I do...?

Nothing special on the install - just run the exe.. however there does seem to be differences between vendors..? I'm Xerox so I know about our kit - but there are lots of contributors who use other vendors..

Let us know details & I'm sure you're get more responses
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 03-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Thistlegorm, thanbks for your reply,

Here is a screenshot of my COmmand Workstation showing no workflow tab.

Name:  Screen Shot.jpg
Views: 7406
Size:  119.8 KB

I have a Fiery E10 50-45C-KM embedded in a Konica Minolta C552. I am running Command Workstation from a Windows based PC.

I am going to try to uninstall and then re-install CM5.

Any Thoughts?

manyfaces is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor manyfaces is on a distinguished path

You probably need to purchase the HotFolders option. Your screenshot shows that you don't have that activated.

I do have hotfolders, but maybe I didn't install or configure it correctly. I will look into that as well. What would show up in the workstation to indicate it is installed and configured?

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi CERRSC,

I think Manyfaces is correct - the Hotfolders / Virtual Printers ( which is workflows ) is an option on many emdedded devices & requires you to purchase a disk / activation dongle for the Fiery Controller.

There was another contributor that asked a similar question some weeks ago..

When I looked at the Konica Website - I found this http://www.konicaminolta.se/fileadmi...2_Brochure.pdf if you look at page 6 you'll see what I am on about..

Whilst you can install Hotfolders Console on your PC - it probably wont connect to your Fiery Controller until the Hotfolders / Virtual printers is activated..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

That makes sense! I will check to see if that option was included. during the server install it did allow me to select Hotfolders, but I did not have to enter any activation ID. The Hotfolders shows up on the desktop and I can open and configure it.
    Unfortunately, the tech support from my local Konica Minolta office are not very knowledgeable on Fiery. I feel like they are the bling leading the blind!

I probably need to contact EFI directly which I should have done originally. I can't understand how Konica is able to sell these components without even knowing how to install them and support them.

Thanks again for your help.

Smile Workflows tab

Hi CERRSC,

When Command Workstation connects to a Fiery, it checks to see which options are enabled, and based on that displays or hides things in Device center.

Your embedded Fiery does not have the Hot Folders/Virtual Printers option enabled, so Command Workstation hides the workflows tab (as there are no workflows enabled).

Also even if you install the Hot Folders application on your computer, when it connects to your Fiery it will detect that Hot Folders/Virtual printers option is missing, and will not work.

If you wish to purchase the Hot Folders/Virtual printers option, you will need to contact your Konica Minolta dealer. It is installed by a technician, using a one shot dongle which plugs into the back of your Fiery. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Once it's turned on, the workflows tab will magically appear in Command Workstation!

Regards,

Greta.