Thread: Changing stack order in unique collate cut

Default Changing stack order in unique collate cut

Hi all,

I have a question. I have a 184-page booklet that I would like to impose as a unique collate cut. The pages will end up being 6-up on 12 x 14 paper.

Here's my problem: currently the stack order goes like this (this is the stack numbers, not page numbers):

1 2 3
    4 5 6

and I need it to go like this:

1 3 5
    2 4 6

So that we only use three cuts: Once in half horizontally, stack the top stack on top of the bottom stack, then cut twice vertically and stack each stack on top of the other, going from left to right.

However, I can't find any option in Impose that lets me change what the stack order is under unique collate cut.

How do I accomplish what I want to do? Thanks for any help!

Default Ok...

OK, I figured out a way to change the page order in imposition - you can click on the page number in the imposition window and manually change the page number from "33" to "65", for example - but it only changes the page order on that side of that page, not for every page/stack in the document.

How do I get the program to apply the page change I make to the first page, to the entire document?

Thanks again!

Gavin is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Gavin is on a distinguished path

You can achieve what you are after by changing your layout and orientation. Instead of a landscape 2x3 try a portrait 3x2. You'll still end up with 3 cuts though.

Stack ordering would be a useful feature!
    Konica Minolta bizhubpress C1085 - Fiery System FS150 Pro
    Fiery IC-308 v2.0 - CWS 5.8.0.39 SP2 on Windows 7 Pro SP1

Konica Minolta bizhub Pro C6501 (65C-KM V 3.0) - Fiery System 9
    Xerox DC250 (DC250 V 1.2) - Fiery System 8e Release 2
    Fiery Pro80 65-55C-KM PS Color Server 3.0a eu - CWS 5 (5.7.0.29) on Windows XP SP2

EFI CWS 6.1 (6.1.0.28) on Dell Studio XPS running Windows 7 Pro
    AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00GHz 4Gb RAM