Thread: "Driver installable options have not yet been enabled and verified"

Default "Driver installable options have not yet been enabled and verified"

I've having an annoying problem with the driver for our Canon IRC7055 copiers. Printing is hosted by a Windows Server 2008 R2 server, and the problem manifests itself on Windows 7 64-Bit clients. The problem is that whenever anyone tries to adjust their print preferences, they are greeted by this message:

"The \\PRINTSRV\S2N_C7055 driver installable options have not yet been enabled and verified. Verifying the installable options is important in order to print correctly. Please verify the installable options by opening the printer properities of \\PRINTSRV\S2N_C7055."

There is a "No not display this message again" checkbox, which doesn't seem to work.

I found that on the server side I could prevent this message by going to Properties -> Configuration on the printer, clicking the "Update" button, and then unselecting "Update Fiery Driver When Opened." However, this setting does not carry over to the workstations. Regardless of how the print connection is added -- whether by Group Policy or manually -- the box remains checked on the client side.

Normally I would switch to a different driver, but unfortunately we have some software that is tied to this particular driver version. Surely there has to be a way to stop this annoying prompt.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

el_tren2003 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor el_tren2003 is on a distinguished path

Hi brevidwa,

I guess, you need to install a new driver.
    Please, contact your Canon dealer.

el_tren2003