Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Integrated Fiery w/ Xerox 550/560 and Lion

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Andersson,

Can you do me a favour & try all three attached files - drag & drop onto your Print Q & see whether any print out - without intervention ? if either produce an error - can you capture a screenshot for me..Andersson.ZIP
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Hi Andersson,

Can you do me a favour & try all three attached files - drag & drop onto your Print Q & see whether any print out - without intervention ? if either produce an error - can you capture a screenshot for me..Attachment 673
    Thanks for the help. None of them go through.

Name:  test1.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  test2.jpg
Views: 1403
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  test3.jpg
Views: 1517
Size:  72.7 KB

Andersson is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor Andersson is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by thistlegorm View Post
    Hi Andersson,

Can you do me a favour & try all three attached files - drag & drop onto your Print Q & see whether any print out - without intervention ? if either produce an error - can you capture a screenshot for me..Attachment 673
    Thanks! Secret message received!

Name:  message.jpg
Views: 1430
Size:  52.9 KB

This is from the 3rd postscript file.

- - -

I will try to make this story short. We have used Xerox printers before and we have always asks the local service personnel to come and help us with problems. It has worked out well before.

Now we have had a Xerox machine for 18 months and no auto printing. We have had the service people over here on numerous occasions but they can't fix the problem. It always lands in the area of "aha, we use Macs here". So we are fooled ourselves into believing that the necessary fixes are depending on new drivers, or system updates, or whatever.

They have not shown us what can be done with the admin mode in the machine display panel. They use the admin login themselves (for unknown reasons) but we don't have it and don't need it either if they do what we ask them to do (which they don't).

So I called the Xerox support center and the guy there guided me to the admin panel and the PAPER TRAY PRIORITY SETTINGS !!!

I had to change 3-4 of these settings for tray and paper and 30 min later after some testing the machine is now printing A4 papers as supposed.

A3 papers still not working tho. Now it asks for A3 paper in the prio 1 A4 tray.

This was so effing obvious so I can only come to one conclusion. The local service personnel have no clue what they are doing around these machines. The guy at the service center just looked it up in a Xerox database. So a guy in another country did better then a trained service person standing in front of the panel. Go figure

I am still interested in what I need to do to make the auto A3 work too.
    Last edited by Andersson; 04-18-2012 at 09:19 AM.

labanmatte is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor labanmatte is on a distinguished path

Default have you noticed this

Hello

Have you noticed that in Xerox 550 there is settings as
    Plain
    Plain A
    Plain B
    Plain C
    Heavyweight A
    Heavyweight B...

And then if you print a job thats want plain and you have load A4SEF Plain B that is for 80gsm paper then you will get problems like this, because that Plain isnt for that gsm.

try set tray to auto and then just set A4SEF/A4LEF ? and paper type to any/auto...

Quote Originally Posted by labanmatte View Post
    Hello

Have you noticed that in Xerox 550 there is settings as
    Plain
    Plain A
    Plain B
    Plain C
    Heavyweight A
    Heavyweight B...

And then if you print a job thats want plain and you have load A4SEF Plain B that is for 80gsm paper then you will get problems like this, because that Plain isnt for that gsm.

try set tray to auto and then just set A4SEF/A4LEF ? and paper type to any/auto...
    Hello

I think I have the paper settings fine tuned now. It all had to do with settings in the machine, not in the computer. We have trays with both types of A4 and A3 in two weights so auto print and select a weight works fine.

Regarding my questions about printer driver versions (earlier in this thread) I have just noticed that the driver was updated again on April 20. I will have a look and put up a new comment soon.

Default 1-1F95E7 release 3.0 April 20

The newest version of the driver is 3.0 from April 20. Two files are higher version and one is the same as before.

Name:  april.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  22.0 KB

As I mentioned before there is a mysterious version 6.0 from February. I will assume now that this was some sort of mistake. Perhaps it should have been 1.0.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2