Thread: Command Workstation NOT Working

Default Command Workstation NOT Working

I have version 5.3.1.32. Fiery System 8e Release 2. Printer is a DocuColor 252.

When I import a any job and right click to either Impose, Process and Hold, the system crashes and shuts down. If I click on any thing else it does nothing at all. I've tried rebooting everything and that hasn't fixed the problem.

Hi Matt,

When writing that the system crashes and shuts down, do you mean the Fiery itself, CWS5 or the PC?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling CWS5? Temporarily disable antivirus protection first.

If it's related to the Fiery, you will consider having the Fiery S/w reinstalled.

l-

CWS5 shuts down - I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Hi Matt -

Firstly have you loaded CWS 5 on the Fiery itself or on a client PC ?

If you have loaded on the Fiery - is the Fiery a Standalone EX260 or is it a "Bustled Fiery" i.e. a box that hangs off of the back of the DC252 ?

If it is a standalone - does it have a FACI kit ? i.e. Monitor Screen Mouse etc....

Making the assumption that you have a standalone EX260 with FACI - do the following, disconnect the Network Cable, On the D: Drive navigate to D:\sysupdates\data & look in there are there any files / folders ? if there are delete them.

Reboot the Fiery - When the Command Bar - Blue or Red Bar across top of screen shows Processing Idle & Printing idle - if CWS 5 has started close it down. Right click on the Command Bar & Start Command Work Station - this will load CWS4 connect as normal - import a pdf from E:\efi\user_sw\Documentation\English - any file it doesn't matter which.. do your right click impose / Process & hold etc - does the Fiery Crash ? if Yes sounds like the Fiery needs a reload.

If No then shut down CWS 4 & start CWS 5 - this will show you exactly the same job repeat the right click etc - does the Fiery Crash now ? if it does do a search for *.log & see whether a log file has been created ? this might give you a pointer in..?

Let us know how you get on..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..