Thread: Run large file face down reverse order.

Hybrid View

Default Run large file face down reverse order.

Hi this is my first post so bare with me if I mess up. I run a Konica Minolta C8000 and most of the stuff we do are very large mail sorted files. In order for them to go to the next finishing process they need to come off face down reverse order highest number first. But if this option is chosen the whole file has to rip before it will run and with the file sizes we deal with this takes hours! At the moment I split the file into batches starting at the end of the file so the next process has to wait for the whole batch to finish so they get the last number.
    Can anybody tell me how I can run the file backwards face down but so it will begin printing straight away? this would make life so much easier for me.

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

doesn't 1-N face up and at the end flip the stack over accomplish the same thing???

That would be great if the jobs were tiny little runs, but in this instance one file will be around 55,000 and will take day's to run. So if I run it low to high the folders have to wait until I have run the whole job before they can start. The C8000 I run is just coming up to twelve months old and has run around two million clicks.

Default what is the objective?

are you running 5 digt mail sorting? are they folding them into matching envelopes?

can you explain the mail job better?

sometimes you have to change the order that you print your envelopes in... if you doing self mailers it wouldnt matter.

if you trying to keep them perfect for carrier route, your always going to have issues.