+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Backing Up FreeForm masters for a project - Xerox DP700

Question Backing Up FreeForm masters for a project - Xerox DP700

I wanted to inquire about the process of backing up FreeFom templates to a Xerox DP700. I was able to complete the task for our XC-560, but when connecting to our DP700 in Command Workstation5 and following the backup insturctions to go to Device Center > Resources > VDP Resources ->click FreeForm and then click the backup button, for some reason I can't do this because the backup button is disabled??

Does anyone have a solutiion for this issue?

Hi, I just tested this here as well and got the same results as you. Seems to be grayed out in system 8r2, available in 9r2 and missing again in system 10. I'm am checking with our Free Form team. I would expect an answer later today. Thanks, Craig

Arrow

Thanks Craig, I will check back later.

-TJ

TJ, I have your answers. The only items that are backed up are the Masters. So, unless you have a Master and choose it, the "backup" and "delete" buttons should be inactive. The buttons being active in system 9r2 is actually a bug. To test this with the 700, create a Master, follow your steps and them actually choose the Master, you will then see you can backup or delete. When you backup the Master it will back it up un-Rasterized. Hope this helps.

Arrow

Craig, we have created the masters and the delete button is active for them, but the back-up button is still grayed out?

Are you choosing your Master correctly. See my attached screen shot. Thanks, CraigVDP.doc

Arrow

Craig,

This is the error we see when we highlight a form to backup. Please see attached document.freeformerror.doc

After discussing this with our CWS engineers, the only thing left to try is a "clear server." In CWS choose "Server" "Clear Server" check all boxes. After clear server is done, reboot. Remember, everything listed will be gone, so if you have jobs you need to save, archive them off the server 1st. Once you reboot, try again. If you still see the issue, I would suggest you reinstall your system software. I hate to tell you that, but we cannot recreate your issue on any of our equipment here. Thanks, Craig

+ Reply to Thread