Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: OS 10.7 compatible drivers available

Default OS 10.7 compatible drivers available

EFI has posted updated Mac drivers for several System 8 Release 2 Fierys that can be installed on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). These drivers are available on our download site at http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Fiery%20Support. Enter your e-mail address to enter the site. Click the Register button if you have not previously entered the site. Once in the site, select the OEM manufacturer of your device and select the driver from the drop down list. The systems that end with "x.x" will have the new drivers. Systems that have updated drivers posted are listed at the bottom of this message.

The packages posted will contain the existing driver for the product with a PackageMaker installer that can be used with Lion. The updated drivers will bring these System 8 Release 2 products to the same level of support that System 9 and later products have. Printing from sandboxed applications (TextEdit, Preview) is still not supported. EFI recommends printing PDF files from 10.7 using Acrobat instead of Preview, as our print drivers are supported with Acrobat in 10.7

Updated drivers with the PackageMaker installer for other systems will be posted as they are prepared. Please monitor this thread for updates.

New drivers for existing systems that are fully compatible with Lion are still in development. EFI will post a notice on the forum as they become available.

Systems with updated drivers:

Canon

imagePASS A1
    imagePASS B1
    imagePass H1
    ColorPASS GX200
    ColorPASS GX300
    imagePRESS Server T1
    imagePRESS Server Q2
    imagePRESS Server J100 - J200
    imagePRESS Server A1100
    imagePRESS Server A2100
    imagePRESS Server A3100

Konica Minolta

IC-408
    IC-412

Ricoh

E3100
    E3200
    E5100
    E5200
    E7100
    E7200
    E8100
    F3040
    F3050
    F4000
    F5010
    E80
    EB1357
    Pro C720 - 720S
    Pro C900 - 900S

Xerox

WorkCentre 7400 series
    WorkCentre 7700 series
    Integrated 700
    EX700
    EX8002
    iGen4

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Hi there

Will there be an updated driver for the EX260? If so is there an ETA for this?

Cheers

Paul

There are no plans for an OS 10.7 driver for EX or integrated 260. You can use the Xpress driver located at efi.com. Thanks, Craig

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

That is a big shame.

Thanks for the response.

Paul

What are the chances wwe could use the EX700 driver? Very similar devices. Is the System software version the same?

cheers

paul

Default 10.7 CWS5 And imagePASS C1

Any anticipated support for imagePASS C1?

CWS5 worked OK with 10.7 for several months with the following message being the only issue.

can't open file '/private/etc/smb.conf' (error 2: No such file or directory)

How can I eliminate this message?

As of yesterday I can still print to my device and open CWS5, however the interface does not update if I delete a file from say my printed jobs list. If I quit and restart, any changes become visible. CWS5 works but is very cumbersome now.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version of Command WorkStation 5 from http://w3.efi.com/cws5/?

Bob

Hi Bob,
    Installed and working perfectly.
    Thank you.
    Tom

Default Ricoh Pro C900S driver

Even though it's listed in the initial message in this thread, I don't see the Ricoh Pro C900 driver listed on the download page. The Ricoh Pro C720 - 720S is there, but not the C900.

When will the C900-C900S driver become available? We just got several new Macs that are running 10.7 so those drivers are pretty important to us.

Thanks.

Default E-7000 Support for 10.7

Hi,
    the newest E-7000 PPD installer is for 10.5 and Rosetta-based, so it won't run on Lion. Is there a new version planned, or could you recommend another way to install the PPD including the plugins?

Cheers, Philipp

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast