Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: OS 10.7 compatible drivers available

Default Authentication failure

Working with a Konica-Minolta Bizhub PRO C5501. I can not print to it directly, all my work give an authentication failure because I can not find where to set my name and password for the printer section. I can only do so from the Command WorkStation once the job fails to print.

The driver I'm using is: EFI Fiery X3eTY2 65-55C-KM PS2.0

I need help, please!

Default When is the sandboxed version ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    EFI has posted updated Mac drivers for several System 8 Release 2 Fierys that can be installed on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). These drivers are available on our download site at http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Fiery%20Support.

Printing from sandboxed applications (TextEdit, Preview) is still not supported. EFI recommends printing PDF files from 10.7 using Acrobat instead of Preview, as our print drivers are supported with Acrobat in 10.7
    When is the driver (Canon with imagePass B1) with sandbox support ready? It feels very handicapped not to be able to use Preview. Printing PDF works with Skim (until it is sandboxed), but printing thumbnail pages of photo's from Finder can only be done with Preview. I think it's about time for these drivers to become ready ...

Quote Originally Posted by danielfueca View Post
    Working with a Konica-Minolta Bizhub PRO C5501. I can not print to it directly, all my work give an authentication failure because I can not find where to set my name and password for the printer section. I can only do so from the Command WorkStation once the job fails to print.

The driver I'm using is: EFI Fiery X3eTY2 65-55C-KM PS2.0

I need help, please!
    Hello,

Are you using the Fiery Express Driver for 10.7 or the 10.7 compatible driver located here?
    http://services.efi.com/support/driv...x3ety2&ver=2.0

The Fiery Express driver does not have fields for username and password. With the driver in the link above however you would find the fields by chosing Fiery Features, Full Properties, Job Info tab then Job Notes.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Default Ic-409

Any news about the IC-409 Lion driver?

Best regards
    Dennis

KM has decided not to release a 10.7 driver installer that supports Fiery Features for the IC-409. You can get basic functionality now in 10.7 for the IC-409 with the Fiery Express driver, or you can print to CWS5 hold queue and set more advanced Fiery Job Properties there.

Sometime in April/May, KM will release a PPD-only driver for this Fiery that will add more Fiery functionality (as compared to Fiery Express driver).

Default Why is this question not answered?

Quote Originally Posted by reusje View Post
    When is the driver (Canon with imagePass B1) with sandbox support ready? It feels very handicapped not to be able to use Preview. Printing PDF works with Skim (until it is sandboxed), but printing thumbnail pages of photo's from Finder can only be done with Preview. I think it's about time for these drivers to become ready ...
    The motto of this forum is 'get your questions answered', but one and half weeks ago I asked this question, and it is still unanswered.
    I think it is ridiculous that full Lion compatible drivers are not ready more than a year after Apple released the developer previews. The current driver is just a stop-gap version that doesn't let you print from the increasing amount of sandboxed apps. Moreover, it seems that the current version is withdrawn from the download-page.
    I would really appreciate to get an idea about how long it will last before the complete version is ready.

Default Ricoh E-3200 Driver Removed?

A few weeks ago there was a Mac 10.7-compatible installer for the Ricoh E-3200 Fiery unit on the http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Fiery%20Support. However, it no longer shows up the available list of drivers and appears to have been removed.

Any idea how I can get access to the installer or if it will be re-posted?

Thanks!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by reusje View Post
    The motto of this forum is 'get your questions answered', but one and half weeks ago I asked this question, and it is still unanswered.
    I think it is ridiculous that full Lion compatible drivers are not ready more than a year after Apple released the developer previews. The current driver is just a stop-gap version that doesn't let you print from the increasing amount of sandboxed apps. Moreover, it seems that the current version is withdrawn from the download-page.
    I would really appreciate to get an idea about how long it will last before the complete version is ready.
    Understood.

My deepest apologies for the delay in response to your post.

The Lion drivers that will support sandbox applications are in process for release. While I cannot provide an exact target date at this point, they should be available very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T View Post
    Understood.

My deepest apologies for the delay in response to your post.

The Lion drivers that will support sandbox applications are in process for release. While I cannot provide an exact target date at this point, they should be available very soon.
    Thanks for your response. We'll have a little patience...

Hi,
    We have posted updated Fiery Print Drivers for the following Fiery products. These Fiery Print Drivers fully support 10.7, including printing from sandbox applications like Apple's Preview application). We have two different solutions available, depending on the Fiery model involved. Fiery Print Driver v4.4 includes the full Job Properties interface and the Fiery Driver v2.9.1 provides a ppd-only interface.

Other products will be added to this list when they are available.

Fiery Products connected to Canon engines
    imagePRESS Server A1200 - Fiery Print Driver v4.4
    imagePRESS Server A2200- Fiery Print Driver v4.4
    imagePRESS Server A3200 - Fiery Print Driver v4.4
    imagePRESS Server Q2 - Fiery Print Driver v4.4
    imagePRESS Server T1 - Fiery Print Driver v4.4
    ColorPASSGX100_iRC5180/4080/4580 - Fiery Print Driver v2.9.1
    imagePASS J1 - Fiery Print Driver v2.9.1
    imagePASS-S1 - Fiery Print Driver v2.9.1
    imagePASS S2 - Fiery Print Driver v2.9.1
    imagePASS-C2 - Fiery Print Driver v2.9.1
    imagePASS-F2 - Fiery Print Driver v2.9.1