Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: OS 10.7 compatible drivers available

Unhappy Printer Driver for Bizhub c350

My printer is NOT listed below.
    I updated from my old white mac which has 10.4.11 to my husband's silver mac which has 10.6.8. My Bizhub c350 worked w/10.4.11 but I can't find a driver to use with 10.6.8.

I spoke w/a tech who suggested I download and install the print controller IC-401, which I did but I STILL can't find the correct printer software within my print utilities. The printer software it installs is EFI Fiery X3e 22c-KM PS Color Server v2.0.

PLEASE help! I'm not really tech smart, so if you have suggestions, please say them in normal terms. ANY help you have would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post
    EFI has posted updated Mac drivers for several System 8 Release 2 Fierys that can be installed on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). These drivers are available on our download site at http://w3.efi.com/Fiery/Fiery%20Support. Enter your e-mail address to enter the site. Click the Register button if you have not previously entered the site. Once in the site, select the OEM manufacturer of your device and select the driver from the drop down list. The systems that end with "x.x" will have the new drivers. Systems that have updated drivers posted are listed at the bottom of this message.

The packages posted will contain the existing driver for the product with a PackageMaker installer that can be used with Lion. The updated drivers will bring these System 8 Release 2 products to the same level of support that System 9 and later products have. Printing from sandboxed applications (TextEdit, Preview) is still not supported. EFI recommends printing PDF files from 10.7 using Acrobat instead of Preview, as our print drivers are supported with Acrobat in 10.7

Updated drivers with the PackageMaker installer for other systems will be posted as they are prepared. Please monitor this thread for updates.

New drivers for existing systems that are fully compatible with Lion are still in development. EFI will post a notice on the forum as they become available.

Systems with updated drivers:

Canon

imagePASS A1
    imagePASS B1
    imagePass H1
    ColorPASS GX200
    ColorPASS GX300
    imagePRESS Server T1
    imagePRESS Server Q2
    imagePRESS Server J100 - J200
    imagePRESS Server A1100
    imagePRESS Server A2100
    imagePRESS Server A3100

Konica Minolta

IC-408
    IC-412

Ricoh

E3100
    E3200
    E5100
    E5200
    E7100
    E7200
    E8100
    F3040
    F3050
    F4000
    F5010
    E80
    EB1357
    Pro C720 - 720S
    Pro C900 - 900S

Xerox

WorkCentre 7400 series
    WorkCentre 7700 series
    Integrated 700
    EX700
    EX8002
    iGen4

First thing, are you sure you are printing to a Fiery controller on your C350, or to the KM embedded controller? If you are not sure please ask your dealer.

Assuming it is the Fiery controller, then it is called the IC-401 by KM, and here is what you should try:
    1.) Go to http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/d...uctname=IC-401 Scroll down to Intel Mac 10.4.x section. Download “ic401_ps_macX4i_v20_efigs_inst.zip” (also download “OSX CUPS filter update.zip” – you may need this file too)
    2.) Unzip the first file and then run the included “OSX Installer”. This will install driver components and may take up to 10 minutes to finish.
    3.) Before configuring printer, find out what IP address your Fiery is using (Fiery Configuration page will show this, or, if you use Command Workstation, it too will show this)
    4.) Configure printer: Go to Mac’s “Print & Fax” and add printer.
    Protocol = Line Printer Daemon – LPD
    Address = [IP address of Fiery]
    Queue = print (type in lower case)
    Print using = Other…
    5.) A dialog appears; go to [HDD name]/Library/Printers/PPDS/Contents/Resources/EN.LProj
    Highlight “Fiery x3e 22C-KM PS v2.0” ; then select “Open”; then select “Add”
    6.) In next “Installable options” screen, you need to select whatever features/options you have on your C350 copier
    7.) Now your Fiery printer is set up. Print a typical job. Does job print?
    8.) If it does not, install the second file you downloaded (Step 1 above)

If you are still having problems you will need to work with your local KM dealer.
    I should let you know that the IC-401, technically, is not supported for use with 10.6 (though I got mine to work fine using this driver on a 10.6.8 iMac)

(I would strongly recommend you do not upgrade Mac to 10.7 if you plan to continue using this 8-year old Fiery controller)

Default Still can't open properties

I found these threads when I was no longer able to open properties (has worked fine for well over a year) in Command Workstation for my Docucolour 242 (from any machine, lion, 10.6, or windows), so I downloaded and installed CWS 5.3.1.32d as suggested - but still no properties..

I can do everything else - rename, duplicate etc - but when I select properties - nothing happens.

I have a bizhubpro C6501 as well and everything works fine for that machine - including selecting properties.

I would appreciate any help!

Default QuarkXpress 9 with new OS 10.7 konica driver

I have a customer who just installed the new 10.7 fiery driver for the IC-412, and when they print from QuarkXpress 9 after one successful print, the second one hangs and ultimately they have to force quit Quark. Does anyone have this issue also? Doesn't do it for any other application. just Quark.

Using new (posted on EFi download page) IC-412 10.7 driver, I could print various jobs, in succession, from Quark v9.2
    I exited Quark, then re-opened. Again, I could print multi-page jobs over and over again - no issues.

I don't think this is a Quark issue, but something specific to your Mac perhaps?

Try using 10.7 compatible Fiery Software uninstaller app on that Mac (this is also on EFI download site) to remove all installed Fiery printers AND drivers. Then re-install that 10.7 IC-412 driver and re-configure printer

Now does it print fro Quark?

Default Possible Driver updates for Toshiba E-Studio 3540C

I have two employeeʻs running OS 10.7 . Is there going to be an update for this machine?

I am currently running 10.6 and print using the GA-1211 EX PS v.1 driver without an issue. The employees using 10.7 and the FIERY MAC EXPRESS DRIVER have issues with color matching, and the option of adding color profiles would really help. Is there an alternative driver that I can download and install for the 10.7 machineʻs that might work as a sub?

Thank you

Default Any update on this?

I haven't gotten a response on this. I'm asking because it's listed at the beginning of this thread as having an update but it doesn't appear in the list of drivers on the download page. I'm hoping that this it really does exist and was accidentally omitted from the download page. Please reply and let me know if that's true.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by partnersandsimons View Post
    Even though it's listed in the initial message in this thread, I don't see the Ricoh Pro C900 driver listed on the download page. The Ricoh Pro C720 - 720S is there, but not the C900.

When will the C900-C900S driver become available? We just got several new Macs that are running 10.7 so those drivers are pretty important to us.

Thanks.

Is there any date scheduled for the final release of the 10.7 driver for Canon CLC4040-H1?

I got a customer today that is experiencing major issues with the current driver. For example they cant print out from Photo Shop and several other applications without them force closing.

They have tried out the EFI generic one but is not to happy with the limitations there is.

Regards
    Fredrik
    Canon Sweden

Any word? Moderator? Anything would be appreciated?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CG2311 View Post
    I have two employeeʻs running OS 10.7 . Is there going to be an update for this machine?

I am currently running 10.6 and print using the GA-1211 EX PS v.1 driver without an issue. The employees using 10.7 and the FIERY MAC EXPRESS DRIVER have issues with color matching, and the option of adding color profiles would really help. Is there an alternative driver that I can download and install for the 10.7 machineʻs that might work as a sub?

Thank you

Hello CG2311,

Please see my other post here.
    http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...t-for-Mac-10.7

Best regards,
    Bruce

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast