+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrade to version 1.2.3

Hybrid View

Default Upgrade to version 1.2.3

I have just tried the upgrade to version 1.2.3, which initially uninstalled vue, from 1.2.2, I then reinstalled vue from the vue website only to find I now had 1.2.0. I did the uprgade from this version and finally got 1.2.3.
    I now have no plugin for office and vue crashes on print from word.
    Any help please!

Hello Benno,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with the VUE upgrade. It's true, the download is v1.2.0 and then Fiery VUE Updates will update to v1.2.3. Here are some things to look for if v1.2.3 is not working properly for you.

1. Is there a Fiery VUE printer installed in you Printer Folder?
    2. If the Word Plugins are missing, check to see if they are disabled. The instructions below are for Word 2007.

- Office Button->Word Options->Add-ins->Manage. Choose the drop down box and select the Disabled Items and then Go. Enable the Fiery VUE Add-In if it was disabled.

If you are still having trouble please let us know what OS and version of Office you are using.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Default No to both

1. Fiery printer was uninstaled as part of the upgrade
    2. The add in is not in the list of active add ins, but in the innactive list. When I try to add it it looks for an exe in the roaming folder of my profile which is not there.
    I am operating vista 64 bit with office 2010

Hi Benno,

Sorry, it sounds like the update left you with a partial installation for some reason. In most cases this should resolve it.

1. Uninstall Fiery VUE from Add/Remove Programs
    2. Go to the Printers folder and ensure the Fiery VUE printer and driver is removed.
    3. Install Fiery VUE v1.2.0 from http://w3.efi.com/fieryvue/ (Do not check for updates at the end of the install.)
    4. Confirm the Fiery VUE printer is installed and the Office plugin is available.
    5. Providing everything is working as expected, close all Office programs and check for updates from Fiery VUE. Install the 1.2.3 update.

You may also wish to try disabling your antivirus program while running the installer or updates if you're comfortable with this.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Thumbs up Thanks Bruce

I am now working again. Ta!

Unhappy Ah! Spoke too soon!

I hadn't actually tried print. It still crashes when I print.
    The document was only 2 pages onto one sheet, so nothing complicated.
    Any ideas with this.

+ Reply to Thread