Thread: Need Windows7 32-bit driver for Canon ColorPASS Z3000 RiP printing to Canon C3220.

Hybrid View

Default Need Windows7 32-bit driver for Canon ColorPASS Z3000 RiP printing to Canon C3220.

Need Windows7 32-bit driver for Canon ColorPASS Z3000 RiP printing to Canon C3220.

Or workarounds/insight.

Postscript (XP machines are using PSCRIPT5.dll)

It seems Canon has by-passed this unit for newer drivers.

Backstory: previously a SBS2003 32bit machine shared the Canon system. We upgraded to SBS2011. As an alternative print sharing server I set up a WinXP workstation to share the print system. An OS X 10.6 user prints to it through Active Directory authentication. (He has to re-authenticate the job after submitting it to the queue but it works). Windows 7 users see the printer but their spool crashes when sending to the queue.

Default resolved

I got it working. I started over with my sharing setup on the XP workstation. Reinstalling the driver and so on.

Window 7 machines print.

But Mac OS X 10.6 would no longer print due to NT Authentication error. I worked around it by instead using HP Jetdirect protocol using IP of the RIP and the PPC V1.0 postscript driver for the Z3000.