Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Xerox Color 550 with ex550, memory leak

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

Default Xerox Color 550 with ex550, memory leak

I freshly installed our Color 550 with external fiery in our showroom , because we had problems that we needed to restart sometimes...
    but the system resstore didnt help

what i did, a fresh install of the system, installed the latest EFI package : FieryApplicationsPackage3e , version : 5.3.1.32
    Installed acrobat application (cd supplied with controller)

installed all fiery updates , including the one to freeup space on d: drive

after i while the ex550 stops responding , we can reach the webinterface, its extremely slow...
    When i go the the task manager , i see the fiery.exe reachin 100% , about 800 mb in use

I kill that service, restart it and all is ok...

seems a memory leak or something?

what can we do about this? is this a known issue?

patches installed :
    1-1AEG52
    1-1B949G
    SP1
    1-1AIRBV
    1-1AYI7Q
    1-1B41IJ
    1-1AVAEP
    1-1CU8EH
    1-1CU8ES
    1-1BP697

Fabio.Pergola is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Fabio.Pergola is on a distinguished path

no one with this problem, all our customers with 550 and EX550 are complaining that they have to reboot the ex server, when this "bug" happpens , also communication is lost the the machine...

seems for the the 550 embed there is a patch : 1CBICY , but there isnt such for the ex550 , dont know if it is the same problem though...

thnx

no1 with this kinda behaviour?

There is a sister patch for 1-1CBICY that fixes this issue on the external Fiery for 550/560. Patch 1-1D4E5E is available through auto updates and check for product updates. On another note, Xerox is no longer supporting v1.0. Current version is 1.1 and should be available through your dealer. Please let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks, Craig

that 1-1DH6HD.exe patch is indeed recent, illl try to install that one

thnx for the feedback

ps: isnt that 1.1 software avaible of the EFI ftp server?

It's a Fiery software upgrade (not posted on EFI.com ) and an engine firmware update. I believe Xerox is distributing via kit.

ok, ill look for it

seems that patch didnt help my issue, after a few days i saw in task manager that the process fiery.exe was eating 1.2 gb memory while the machine was idle the last days

therefore the machine becomes unstable and i need to restart fiery services

i see in the notes of 1.1 that not all patches are ready fror 1.1 , seems sp1 will be released by the end of februari...

do you suggest upgrading now to 1.1 or wait untill sp1 comes out?

thnx

You should upgrade to 1.1. Remember, your printer needs a firmware upgrade as well.

ok, will do , printer was already updated to 55.22.81

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast