Thread: OSX Lion drivers?

Hybrid View

djzolla is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor djzolla is on a distinguished path

Default OSX Lion drivers?

Hi there

It has now been 4 months since the release of Lion. What is the ETA of the drivers for Fierys please? My clients are going crazy everytime I speak with them. Honestly is there any other manufacturer having issues writing OSX Lion drivers? Answer: NO!

What is the difficulty here? I can't understand why it takes so long to write drivers? Is it a cost vs R&D thing or what? Are we going to have the same issue as we did with Snow Leopard? Pour some resources into this man!

EFI need to catch a wake up here or risk losing market share especially with Xerox devices.

Forgive me if I come across a little harsh, it is more conveying how angry my clients are with this rediculous wait time!

Any indication of ETA for these drivers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Hate to say it, but EFI keeps piling on the reasons *not* to use a Fiery, and to use something else instead.

Printfun is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor Printfun is on a distinguished path

I have also been a huge Fiery proponent the last couple of years, but you start to run out of things you can tell your customer after a while. They were okay at first with the interim fix of the Fiery Universal driver, but this far past the 10.7 release, they are looking for full inclusion.

z1300 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor z1300 is on a distinguished path

Not sure if this helps but I just use the PC PPD. Do the same thing every time Apple releases an OS if there isn't a supported driver available.

Default Updated Drivers are being Tested

Team,

I know it can never be soon enough, and we do appreciate your patience during this process. EFI has released several updated drivers to our OEM's for testing, and we expect those will be rolled out to the field very soon.

Paul and Adam, which products specifically do you need drivers for your customers, and I can provide you with an ETA.

Gary

trey138 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor trey138 is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_S View Post
    Team,

I know it can never be soon enough, and we do appreciate your patience during this process. EFI has released several updated drivers to our OEM's for testing, and we expect those will be rolled out to the field very soon.

Paul and Adam, which products specifically do you need drivers for your customers, and I can provide you with an ETA.

Gary
    While you're at it, can we get a version of CWS that'll run under a non-admin account on Lion?

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Gary_S View Post
    Team,

Gary

Xerox 550/external Fiery.