Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OSX Lion drivers?

Default There are two efforts underway at EFI with regards to Fiery Mac Drivers

The first effort is to update certain Mac drivers using a VISE installer to a Package Maker installer. While a Mac driver using a VISE installer previously installed on Mac OS 10.6 which was upgraded to Mac OS 10.7 will work, a Mac driver using a VISE installer can not be installed on Mac OS 10.7. This effort will allow these drivers to be installed on 10.7, and you can print from the majority of applications on 10.7. The main exception we are aware of, is a known limitation printing from Preview and Text Edit. (printing from Office, Adobe Suite Applications, and other apps work just fine) For customers that need to print from Preview and Text Edit, we recommend the Fiery Express driver, EFI released the same day as the 10.7 OS release. We have already released a large number of updated drivers, converted from VISE to Package Maker installers to our OEM's for their approval and release.

The second effort underway is to update our drivers to be 100% Mac OS X 10.7 compliant, including the ability to print from Preview and Text Edit. As Craig correctly points out, those updated drivers will be released in Q1.

But please note, the product you mention, Xerox 550/external Fiery, was built with a package maker installer, which means there should be no problem at all installing and using the full functionality of this driver on Mac OS X 10.7. The only exception is you will not be able to print from Preview and Text Edit. (we will have an updated driver for that soon, but for the time being, you may use the Fiery express driver)

Can you please confirm you are seeing the same thing?

There is a more detailed description of what I mentioned located here: http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...highlight=lion
    Last edited by Gary_S; 12-07-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Post Please Confirm

Adam / Printfun,

Just following up. Were you able to confirm the drivers that shipped with the 550/560 work with Mac OSx 10.7?

Djzolla,

Which product specifically did you need a driver for, perhaps your Fiery product already supports 10.7 like the 550/560. If it does not, I can provide you with an eta on where we are with our release or testing schedule.

Your feedback is appreciated,

Gary

I think Xerox has released drivers for EX700 for OS X.7 on the website there is a 10.7 Driver loaded up 5 days ago.

Any ideas on how I can get printing to a 4110 on EXP4110 using 10.7?

Default Lion: Konica Minolta support

Hi

We are having some major problems printing through our Fiery controller on a Konica Minolta BizHub C253. Even though we are using the Universal Express driver the iMac’s are just printing directly to the printer. When will you have the “full” driver ready for this machine? And will it fix the problem or can we make some changes to the Express driver to make it work?
    Everything works great when we are dragging files directly to Workstation, but this is a really bad solution for us.

Hope you are able to help us.

dennisnn, currently there are no plans for a 10.7 compatible "full" driver to be released for KM IC-409. Please voice loudly your displeasure directly to KM. If KM hears this from their customers they may change their stance and ask EFI to release a 10.6/10.7 driver for this Fiery.

Meanwhile your options are:
    - use Express driver for basic printing
    - import into CWS and set properties there
    - utilize Hot Folders/Virtual Printers. This would be a paid option for this Fiery. Contact your KM dealer for details.

z1300 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor z1300 is on a distinguished path

Are there plans to release drivers for DC5065 V1.1 / 1.2, SP4000 V1.0 & DC5065II 6075II V2.0?

Thanks

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by dennisnn View Post
    Hi

We are having some major problems printing through our Fiery controller on a Konica Minolta BizHub C253. Even though we are using the Universal Express driver the iMac’s are just printing directly to the printer.
    What does this mean?

I *think* you mean that the iMac computers are configured to go to the Print queue instead of the Hold queue, and those users' jobs are printing directly out instead of holding at the Fiery?

That has nothing to do with the print driver itself, and has everything to do with how you programmed the iMac computers to talk to the Fiery when you set up the print drivers.

Smile

My solution is to use the PPD and to make litte changes on it.

Did write and explain it into my Blog.

Here the link with google english translation, because its written in german language.

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=e...l.com%2F?p=125

Quote Originally Posted by Loeschl View Post
    My solution is to use the PPD and to make litte changes on it.

Did write and explain it into my Blog.

Here the link with google english translation, because its written in german language.

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=e...l.com%2F?p=125
    Where can I download the PPD?

you can download the ppd:
    1.) from the fiery via web-browser
    2.) from the sales company (canon, xerox,..)
    3.) could be by efi too ?
    )><[[[(°> Andy <°)]]]><(
    http://osx.loeschl.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast