Thread: Weird CWS 5.3.1.32 bug

Default Weird CWS 5.3.1.32 bug

Iím using CWS 5.3.1.32 with a Xerox 700 with an EFI controller, and there seems to be a bug in it, at least on our end.

When sending a document to the printer via the RIP, the printing status window seems to show a job name from an earlier-today print job instead of the currently printing job. The number of copies is correct and the job enters the log correctly.

Curiously, this only occurs with jobs sent while CWS is already running; if I quit the application and relaunch, the correct job name appears.

Weird, eh?

Hello

we have this problem with the CWS on an EX260 RIP, too.
    When we print it shows the job name of an old job but prints out the correct one.

This confuses a bit if you print jobs.

System 8
    CWS 5.3.1.32
    OS X 10.5.8

greetings
    drfoots

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

This bug has already been seen by EFI - if you have a Xerox FSMA contract on your machine, this is exactly the kind of fault you should be escalating via local Software Support process - as it is repeatable. - Which makes it fixable normally..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

Thank you for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience. This has been escalated as a bug and we'll update you on the forum when a fix is available.

Best regards,
    Bruce

Thanks for the update. I was about to roll back to 5.2; I'll wait for the fix now.