Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Xerox 700 E10 Controller Backup Files _ Urgent Help Requested

It sounds like at some point, when you archived a job, the "Don't ask me again" checkbox was checked in the window that allows you to choose your archive location. If this is the case, you can easily restore the Archive window. Select the Archive tab in the CWS Job Center. You will see an icon with a wrench in the far right side of the bar that displays the tabs. Click the icon to open Archive Settings and check the "Always prompt for archive locations and options" option.

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Michael,

I think you're getting a bit confused ? Job in Held Queue -> Right Click, Archive Job - Choose Location under pulldown then OK. Job moves to archive tab - it is now archived you don't need to "re" - right click. If you want to know where the job is stored, with the Archive Tab in CWS 5 open move the mouse pointer over the column headers & right click on that menu click "Archive Path" this will then add this as a column heading this might make more sense...

Give it a try..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

To clarify: when you say "When I right click a job in the held queue and select archive it shows my external location but it sends it to my archive queue," what does that mean?

In CWS, all jobs that it knows about that have been archived will appear in the "archive queue"--regardless of WHERE you archived them. So, in your case, the job should be physically located in the remote location you chose to archive files--but it will be referenced in the "archive queue".

If you're on another computer, or if your Fiery has been reloaded, or for whatever reason the jobs don't show up in the "archive queue"--it's a simple task to get them back. In CWS, simply choose Import Archived Job and navigate to where you archived the job in the first place. If necessary, add back in the remote archive location first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2