Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xerox 700 E10 Controller Backup Files _ Urgent Help Requested

Default Xerox 700 E10 Controller Backup Files _ Urgent Help Requested

Hi
    Our Xerox 700 with a E10 Print Controller is giving problems with network scanning and the technicians tell me to fix the problem we will lose all print file in the held queue. Does anyone know if a back-up can be made of these files and then restore them after the software problems are fixed on the controller.
    We have over 1000 jobs in the held queue and many will take a lot of time to regenerate again when needed. I would appreciate help on this issue urgently.

Thanks, Michael

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Michael,

Probably the easiest way to back up your jobs is in CWS - right click & archive them off to either a Network Share or External Media.. you will be prompted with the Archive Manager - just click on Add & then browse to wherever you want to back up to, this will then appear in the Archive pulldown..

You can then reimport the archive jobs when the techs have finished reloading the RIP..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..

adam1991 is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful adam1991 has proven very helpful

Might I suggest, the printer is NOT a long term storage device--especially with a Fiery front end. Fiery units are notorious for needing reloaded now and then.

Archive is your friend, now and forever. When you're finished with your print jobs, simply archive them off to external storage of some kind that you control and that you can easily back up. If they're this critical to you, treat the like you would any other corporate data. Put them on a server that gets backed up.

Default Cannot Archive to other Locations

Thanks for your suggestions. I don't get any options when I right click on a job, I can only send it to "Archive", I am unable to send it to another location.

I got around this by sending all jobs to another Xerox machines hard drive; when the software is updated I will send them back.

Why am I unable to save to other locations on our network?

Thanks, Michael

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

You haven't said which CWS you are using ? I'll assume it is 5 - right click your job & archive does it disappear instantly ? if yes click on the Archived Tab & look in the far RH corner you will see a Crossed Spanner & Screwdriver - titled Archive Settings - click on that, you can then set up a Network Share or External Hard Drive - whatever.. before closing put a tick in the always prompt for Archive Locations & Options...

Now when you right click a job you should get the Server Manager as in my initial post..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 11-17-2011 at 05:19 PM.

I am using CWS 5.2. I have done as you mentioned but when it archives it saves a folder called the same as the print job and about 5 files, 4 of which have no k's and one about the size the job should be with a file extension of 000. I cannot import any of these files back into CWS. What am I doing wrong? Your help to this point has been greatly appreciated.

Michael,

If you look in your Archive Tab - is your job not in there ? if it is just right click & print - if it isn't then choose File Import Archive Job & navigate through to your folder with your archive in it - I just tried it with CWS 5.2.46 & an EX700 & it all worked.. if you want to try importing another archive file & see if it works you could download the archive zip file from here: http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthrea...h-Fiery-EX1000 - unzip & try the above to see whether it works..
    Last edited by thistlegorm; 11-20-2011 at 06:02 PM.

z1300 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor z1300 is on a distinguished path

Select the parent folder, not the archive folder itself.

Thumbs up

Thank everyone for your help, I am now able to archive and import over 1500 jobs from an external location.

I was able to show the Xerox technician something he didn't know.

Again, thanks.

Michael

Default What a Difference a Day makes ........................not working now!!!!!!!!!!

Another day and you guessed it, now it will not work for me. When I right click a job in the held queue and select archive it shows my external location but it sends it to my archive queue. When I right click it from there it goes nowhere.

How come it worked and now doesn't work?

Any suggestions anyone?

Michael
    Last edited by Michael Davis; 11-23-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast