Thread: Impose CWS 5.3 Ad sheet option gone????

Default Impose CWS 5.3 Ad sheet option gone????

Hi,

i am running CWS 5 next to my CWS 4 because of the policy at Canon. They have somewaht 500 year Q&A to do on my requests. So my question is. What happend to the Add sheet option in Impose that was in CWS 4 and impose when you right clicked in the impose sheet screen. A popup menu would appear with an add sheet option.
    IN CWS 5 and impose this is no longer an option.

It comes in handy when building impose templates for businesscards with multiple backside version on one front. Further more i used it to print one sheet with three versions of a pdf and one version three times on that sheet. This way one sheet could generate businesscards in multiple numbers of the sheets. For instance :

one pdf file contains 14 pages. First page is frontside. Then 13 pages for variable backsides. These backsides will be set multiple times on sheet depending the total amount needed. So backside 1 is page 2 in pdf backisde2 is page 3 in pdf etc.

backside 2 is needed 25 times backside 3 is needed 50 times. I would place two backsides 2 on a sheet and only 1 of backside 1 this way 25 sheets makes the required total.

Currently in CWS 5 and impose you cannot ad sheets so if you choose gangup there is no way to build your own template.

am i missing the ad sheet option somewhere or did EFI hide it somehere else?
    attached is a screenshot of impose in cws 4
    thanks

Name:  cws4-addsheets.jpg
Views: 1824
Size:  146.8 KB

thistlegorm is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status thistlegorm has achieved rock star status

Try opening Compose in CWS 5 i.e LHS Pane <<, Impose is the RH Pane >>.

From Edit you can insert blank pages, jobs already on the server - drag & drop etc.. onto the Compose Pane - it's light years better than CWS 4..
    Remember you are what you eat ! I'm a twix..