Thread: Launch error after install: harmonycxp10.dll was not found

Default Launch error after install: harmonycxp10.dll was not found

When I launch CWS 5, I get the Failed to start because harmonycxp10.dll was not found error.

I've done everything I can think of to correct this error and to get CWS working again. No luck whatsoever. I'm running Windows XP SP3 with all the latest updates.

I originally installed CWS 5.2 about 6 mos ago. It ran fine. I upgraded to app to v5.3, which also ran fine.

Two weeks ago, I upgraded to v5.4 by letting the install process uninstall the previous installation. After the installation, I began getting the above harmonycxp10.dll was not found"error. So I performed the following, in sequence:

* Used the Add/Remove Programs applet to remove CWS, including settings and templates. During the uninstall, I got an Error Loading DLL message. I clicked OK. After the unstall, I rebooted.

* During my login after the reboot, got two errors when CalibrationLoader.exe and ProfileReminder.exe tried to load: MFC71.DLL was not found.

* Cleaned the registry using a 3rd party tool to remove extraneous files and invalid paths. Rebooted.

* During my login after the reboot, got the same two errors. One of the errors I know was being caused by a screen calibration app called Eye-One Match. I removed that app. Rebooted. My next login after the reboot was successful ... no more errors.

* Ran Windows update and installed several additional updates, including .NET Framework 4 and its security updates. Rebooted.

* Downloaded and installed the CWS v5.3 software. During the installation of Fiery Bridge, got the Error Loading DLL message again. I clicked OK and the install continued. After the install, I rebooted the computer.

During the login, cws.exe automatically launched but returned the error: Failed to start because harmonycxp10.dll was not found.

I'm at a total loss on how to proceed. My only way to control jobs from my workstation now is through the very limited EFI Job Monitor app.

An alternative is to reinstall v5.2, which I think might still work ... not sure though. But I'd sure like to get v5.3 or v5.4 working.

Jerry

Where did you get a CWS v5.4? EFI hasn't released that version yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
    Where did you get a CWS v5.4? EFI hasn't released that version yet.
    I could've written down the wrong thing when I was taking notes of my actions. What I wrote down was 5.4.54 as the version I downloaded. Maybe that was actually 5.3.54? At any rate, the two downloads I have on my computer are the following:
    FieryApplicationsPackage3d_cws53_Setup.exe (1 GB) downloaded on May 12, 2011
    FieryApplicationsPackage3d.exe (913.6 MB) downloaded on Oct 14, 2011

Both install packages manifest the same problems.

I finally resolved the problem of the missing harmony files by uninstalling the 5.3.1 version and then re-installing v5.2, whick installed the harmony files that had gone missing. CWS 5.2 works!

What's disturbing is that the 5.3 package doesn't seem to contain the harmony files. I say this because after uninstalling and then re-installing 5.3, the harmony files weren't installed. This was true even when I upgraded to 5.3.1. But, when I installed 5.2, Voila! I got the missing files.

Note: In my original post, I meant to type v5.3.1, not v5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    When I launch CWS 5, I get the Failed to start because harmonycxp10.dll was not found error.

I've done everything I can think of to correct this error and to get CWS working again. No luck whatsoever. I'm running Windows XP SP3 with all the latest updates.

I originally installed CWS 5.2 about 6 mos ago. It ran fine. I upgraded to app to v5.3, which also ran fine.

Two weeks ago, I upgraded to v5.4 by letting the install process uninstall the previous installation. After the installation, I began getting the above harmonycxp10.dll was not found"error. So I performed the following, in sequence:

* Used the Add/Remove Programs applet to remove CWS, including settings and templates. During the uninstall, I got an Error Loading DLL message. I clicked OK. After the unstall, I rebooted.

* During my login after the reboot, got two errors when CalibrationLoader.exe and ProfileReminder.exe tried to load: MFC71.DLL was not found.

* Cleaned the registry using a 3rd party tool to remove extraneous files and invalid paths. Rebooted.

* During my login after the reboot, got the same two errors. One of the errors I know was being caused by a screen calibration app called Eye-One Match. I removed that app. Rebooted. My next login after the reboot was successful ... no more errors.

* Ran Windows update and installed several additional updates, including .NET Framework 4 and its security updates. Rebooted.

* Downloaded and installed the CWS v5.3 software. During the installation of Fiery Bridge, got the Error Loading DLL message again. I clicked OK and the install continued. After the install, I rebooted the computer.

During the login, cws.exe automatically launched but returned the error: Failed to start because harmonycxp10.dll was not found.

I'm at a total loss on how to proceed. My only way to control jobs from my workstation now is through the very limited EFI Job Monitor app.

An alternative is to reinstall v5.2, which I think might still work ... not sure though. But I'd sure like to get v5.3 or v5.4 working.

Jerry