+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PrintMe Connect can't access any networks

oxident is offline Fiery Forum Expert Contributor oxident is on a distinguished path

Unhappy PrintMe Connect can't access any networks

Hi!

I've recently installed PrintMe Connect on my Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64) machine and unfortunately, the application cannot connect to anything. It complains about being unable to check for updates and can't connect to any of my Fiery-based printers. I guess, it simply can't access the network interface or has some problems with Windows 2008 dual-stack TCP (I'm running v4 and v6)...

I've already searched for any logfiles but it seems that there isn't a possibility to troubleshoot this.

Hello Oxident,

Thank you for your interest in PrintMe connect.

We are aware of the "Update check failed" message and are working to resolve it.

Are you running PrintMe Connect v1.0.6.0 as it's the latest version?

What sort of error do you get when trying to add or configure a printer?

Is the server or firewall allowing access to the ports below?
    Ports:
    • TCP port 6310 set to “in” for configuration and printing from the local network
    • UDP port 5353 set to "in/out" for printing from the local network

Would it be possiple to try this on an XP or Windows 7 PC to see if it's something related to the server?

Best regards,
    Bruce

trey138 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor trey138 is on a distinguished path

I've got the same issue on a Win 7 machine. I've tried disabling the Norton firewall, but that didn't help.

Very strange. Which Fiery controller(s) do you have?

Thank you,
    Bruce

trey138 is offline Senior Fiery Forum Contributor trey138 is on a distinguished path

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_W View Post
    Very strange. Which Fiery controller(s) do you have?

Thank you,
    Bruce
    We have a Canon Image Runner 8095 with an ImagePass U1, a Konica Minolta C552DS with an attached FIery E10 (both of these were set up some time ago and can currently be printed to), a Konica Minolta C6500 with a Fiery Pro 80, and a Canon i4080C with Fiery H1.

crickets.mp3...

Hello,

Is IPP printing enabled on the Fiery controllers?

Is the Printed queue (default 10 jobs) enabled on the controllers?

All of the controllers you have are supported so it's highly unusual that PrintMe Connect would not be able to access any of them.

Thank you,
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_W View Post
    Hello,

Is IPP printing enabled on the Fiery controllers?

Is the Printed queue (default 10 jobs) enabled on the controllers?

All of the controllers you have are supported so it's highly unusual that PrintMe Connect would not be able to access any of them.

Thank you,
    Bruce
    Thanks for the response, Bruce. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Well, the plot thickens. I am now able to add and edit printers, but I'm still getting an error that PMC can't get to the internet. See the screenshot.
    Name:  Picture 1.png
Views: 4695
Size:  359.5 KB

+ Reply to Thread